September 2013 Moms
Options

8 week appt. / heart beat?

I have an appt next week (ill be 8 weeks/5 days at appt) but its just for bloodwork & pap...and whatever else they poke and prod for testing.

I already had my first US at 6 weeks. And we had a heartbeat :)

So my question is:::at my appointment next week will they check for a heartbeat again??

I know it's too early to detect on the Doppler at 8 wks. And i doubt they'll do another US. I've just heard of 2 other miscarriages at week 8 and week 9. And i know its still a nervous time for all of us. So I'm just really hoping my nerves will be calmed at appt next week by another good update w/ heartbeat. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 8 week appt. / heart beat?

• Options
    I think it varies with each doctor. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks 5 days due to a previous missed miscarriage. My next appt. is Monday and they told me they will be doing another ultrasound to make sure everything is still going well. 
    imageBabyFetus Ticker

BFP #1- 9/16/2012 MMC- 10/24/2012 (8.5 weeks, baby measured 6 weeks 1 day with no heartbeat) D&C-10/30/2012 BFP #2- 12/23/2012 Due 9/5/2013 Please be our rainbow baby!
  • Options
    If you have had previous miscarriages, ask your doctor to do another ultrasound, to help to ease your mind..that way you are not stressing out 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If they can do the u/s right in the office, I would ask them to do another one!  They did them at 6 and 8 weeks for me last time. Good luck!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"