December 2010 Moms

DD's afraid of dragons

Apparently there is a dragon that lives inside the wall between the living room and the dining room.  DD told me he is scary.  DH "had a talk" with the dragon and he promised to be friendly and protect DD from any mean dragons.

What ridiculous things is your LO's imagination making you do??

image  image
Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Re: DD's afraid of dragons

• Your LO has quite the imagination! I'm drawing a blank right now on things I do for G other than she makes me pretend to grab the stars projected on her ceiling and feed them to her. It's a nightly ritual. She says the stars taste like peanut butter cheerios.

• I had a full blow conversation with a person ? sitting on the chair in T's room. He has repeatedly talked to the chair since I put it in there. When I ask who he's talking to he just points to the chair, giggles and says 'there.' He won't say man or lady or anything like that, so I don't know who he thinks it is. One night T asked me 'say it's time for bed, no singing tonight.' I'm sure it's his imagination, but it kind of creeped me out, too. Lol
    photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha ha, too funny OP!  Yesterday, C had us playing a "game" as he called it that involved tossing balls of playdoh all over the floor.  It drove DH nuts b/c he didn't understand it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awww!

Just yesterday he ran into our bedroom with the light off & told me it was spooky in there. Where the heck did he learn "spooky" lol

I am also happy to say he's moved on from his Fireman obsession & is now onto Thomas. He has these small Thomas trains that came with a book & he plays with them every second he's at home. Everything is a train track to him - the piping on the couch cushions, the edge of the tables, his toddler bed rail, his placemat, DD's head, my leg, etc. So he says, "Mommy! Gordon...going down the track!" "Mommy! Henry...going down the track!" I think I hear"going down the track a million times a day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Last night I had to show Jack that there was not, in fact, a fishy in my nose.   

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • image--halo--:

Last night I had to show Jack that there was not, in fact, a fishy in my nose.   

lol! 

These are great. 

Every morning! when we go outside to our car, G has to say hello to the car.  He goes up to the front of the car and pats the headlights and leans down and says hello. I say good morning to the car, too.  Lol.  I think he thinks the car is like Thomas.

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • imagedee12807:
    I had a full blow conversation with a person ? sitting on the chair in T's room. He has repeatedly talked to the chair since I put it in there. When I ask who he's talking to he just points to the chair, giggles and says 'there.' He won't say man or lady or anything like that, so I don't know who he thinks it is. One night T asked me 'say it's time for bed, no singing tonight.' I'm sure it's his imagination, but it kind of creeped me out, too. Lol

This would totally creep me out too!!
  • B doesn't have quite the imagination of some of your kids (or he can't tell us about it yet).  When I chase him, catch him, and tickle him, I say "I'm going to get you."  He now applies that term to everything.  If we see a big jumping dog B says, "no get you dog!" in a firm/fearful voice.  But he also says "no get you!" to random things, like the picture of the President's head statues in one of his books.  So then I get to reply, "no, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln aren't going to get you.  They're nice."  Lol
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • imagekj07:
    B doesn't have quite the imagination of some of your kids (or he can't tell us about it yet).  When I chase him, catch him, and tickle him, I say "I'm going to get you."  He now applies that term to everything.  If we see a big jumping dog B says, "no get you dog!" in a firm/fearful voice.  But he also says "no get you!" to random things, like the picture of the President's head statues in one of his books.  So then I get to reply, "no, George Washington and Abraham Lincoln aren't going to get you.  They're nice."  Lol

Ha!  I had a terrible fear of dead presidents when I was a kid, and I don't know why, but I"m glad I'm not alone.  Stick out tongue

DD also talks about a "purple man" who "flies away" and "makes coffee all day."  I don't know where she comes up with these things.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Miles, for the longest time, insisted that a polar bear would visit his room and get in the crib with him at night. He also insisted that this polar bear was a "scawy polah bear" and would tell Miles that he was going to eat him. Kind of freaky. Glad that Mr. Scary Polar Bear has moved on. :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"