August 2012 Moms
Options

failure!

So I feel like a complete failure right now :( 

LO has had a slight cold since Sunday but hasn't been to fussy. Today around noon daycare called me and said his ear was leaking. Just got back from the doctors and he has a ruptured ear drum and and infection on both sides. 

I just feel like I should have know he had an ear infection and that I shouldn't have just dismissed his mild fussiness as cold related.  

On the bright side I can't believe what a little trooper he has been he was all smiles at the doctors office and now hes sleeping in my arms.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: failure!

• Options
    What is the ruptured ear drum from?

Eta: I'm not trying to sound rude I am just wondering if this is common? I'm so sorry about your little guy. And don't be too hard on yourself, it's your first time being a mom.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so sorry!

DS didn't exhibit any signs when he had his ear infection. No fussiness, no fever, and he wasn't messing with it at all. I took him in for something unrelated and when the doctor looked in his ear, that's when we discovered he had an ear infection.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Just get your sweet baby better. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Some babies are just good like that when sick.  Sounds like you need to keep a close eye if he ever has a cold again because he's a trooper!  Poor little guy!  Don't beat yourself up though.  

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options

imageCaliVal:
    What is the ruptured ear drum from? Eta: I'm not trying to sound rude I am just wondering if this is common? I'm so sorry about your little guy. And don't be too hard on yourself, it's your first time being a mom.

i guess hes had an ear infection for a couple days now so the infection caused the rupture 

• Options
    So sorry your little guy is not well. Just remember that it could happen to anyone. You are not a failure. Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Poor LO.  It is so hard to know what is going on with LOs at this age.  It gets a little easier once they can talk and point.  I hope he feels better soon.

• Options
    imagethepretzelchick:
    I'm so sorry!DS didn't exhibit any signs when he had his ear infection. No fussiness, no fever, and he wasn't messing with it at all. I took him in for something unrelated and when the doctor looked in his ear, that's when we discovered he had an ear infection.Don't beat yourself up over it. Just get your sweet baby better.nbsp;

Ditto. Doubled ear infection and had no idea

• Options

You're not a doctor. Cut yourself some slack.

Hope your DS feels better soon!

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    imageloramag48:

imageCaliVal:
    What is the ruptured ear drum from? Eta: I'm not trying to sound rude I am just wondering if this is common? I'm so sorry about your little guy. And don't be too hard on yourself, it's your first time being a mom.

i guess hes had an ear infection for a couple days now so the infection caused the rupture 

I catch a lot of asymptomatic ear infections even in older kids.  There's no reason to beat yourself up!  

The rupture occurs because the 'pus' builds up behind the tympanic membrane (ear drum) and causes enough pressure to rupture the TM.  IF there is pain with the ear infection a lot of times after the rupture the pain improves.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"