October 2011 Moms
Options

MOTY

I am feeling like a terrible mommy right now. DS had his first haircut today and the we ran some errands. DS did really well with the haircut, and we were having a pretty good afternoon.

We just got home a little while ago, and I fell going up our front porch steps with DS in my arms. It happened so fast I don't even know what made me trip. I landed hard on my knee. I tried to twist so I wouldn't hurst DS, but it was so quick. I hit poor DS's forehead on the side of the house. He started crying hard, and right away a goose egg and bruise showed up. 

I got him inside and put ice on it, which made him even more upset. I called the Pedi and they said to keep an eye on him for signs of a concussion. He seems ok now. He calmed down pretty quick and is now running around being his usual happy self. It wasnt until after he calmed down that I realized I busted up my knee pretty bad, and my lower back hurts from twisting. I'll be fine, but I feel so bad about hurting ds. I know it was an accident but I still feel like absolute crap though. Ugh.

Re: MOTY

• Options
    Oh, I'm so sorry! You shouldn't feel bad about falling, it was an accident like you said. Sounds like your DS is feeling better already. Hope your knee feels better soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I am sorry this happened. Nothing is worse than mommy guilt. It sounds like DS is doing better. Now take care of yourself mama!

(If it makes you feel better, I watched E walk off a steep step into the playground this afternoon. I knew it was too high for her to make it on her own, but there was no way I could get to her in time. She took a tumble into the gravel. Even better, we had just met another mommy and her son, and she totally witnessed the whole thing. I am sure I got the side-eye, but what could I do.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Stuff happens and you did everything you could to protect your LO so that makes you a Mama hero! I know where you are coming from because I fell down 5 cement stairs with DS a while ago and I felt like sh*t about it too. Don't let that Mama guilt get to you. I hope you both recover from being banged up. Kiddos are resilient and I am sure he will be just fine.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    P has has about 3 goose eggs so far and I'm sure there will be more to come. It was an accident and thankfully you are both ok!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Mommy guilt really is the worst. I'm sure it's just the first of many accidents to come. I couldn't help but feel bad though cause his head hit so hard. He seems to have already forgotten about it, so I guess it wasn't too horrible for him. 
  • Options
    About a million years ago when I was a teenager, I spilled a hot cup of soup and it splashed my boyfriend's infant niece. I was so concerned about the baby that I didn't realize that my leggings were seared to my skin. Once I knew the baby was ok, I went upstairs and stripped my pants off.

The point of my story is that it's amazing how your body can block out pain when you first need to be concerned about someone else.

Glad everyone is ok.
  • Options

Sorry that happened but it happens. When DS was less than 2months old I was cradle holding him and walking out of the bedroom. I hit his head on the doorframe, he screamed bloody murder for about 5 seconds and went back to sleep. Scared the crap out of me, I kept waking him up all day.

Glad he is doing ok, take care of yourself.

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
    Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
    IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
    Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
    Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry you had a rough fall but glad he is ok and you are mostly ok. I deserved a MOTY award the other night too... I was chasing Gavin around the kitchen the other night (he was giggling, he loves to be chased) and he tripped and fell and got a huge gash in his lip and a mouth full of blood. I felt horrible like it was my fault for chasing him. I know these things happen, but it stinks to see our LOs hurt and to feel guilty about it. Take care of yourselves Smile

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Don't feel bad we all have accidents.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board