February 2012 Moms
Options

Family Vacations

Are you taking one? If so, for how long? Are you going with just your small family or with other relatives?

BabyFruit Ticker
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Family Vacations

• Options

Over the summer we went to the Outer Banks NC for a week, with our family.  It was great!!!!  In November we went to Disney, with the Inlaws and BIL also great and def. needed as much help as possible.

This summer we are looking to go somewhere for a week we were thinking maybe somewhere in Maine, possible Cape Cod.  Not sure yet!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

We went to the beach for a week with both kids in September.  It was our first family vacation where we weren't visiting in-laws of some sort.  We had a great time!

We are now planning another trip to the beach for May, but this time my brother and his wife will be joining us.

We were really apprehensive to go on vacation alone with the kids.  We weren't sure it was actually going to feel like a vacation, and we were nervous to lose our home field advantage (toys, cribs, familiarity), but it really wasn't a big deal, and we really enjoyed getting out of town and spending alone time as a family!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have taken 4 or 5 vacations since Asher's been born..only one of them was just the three of us though. All the other vacations have been with one of our families. We have two trips planned this summer which will be with family but I'd like to plan something for the fall for just us.

• Options

We just got back from Maui and earlier took a trip to California to see family. We've also done a short road trip. My husband now refers to our family trips as "Taking the Show on the Road"- and it's true.

Travel is so much crazier than when he and I used to breeze through trips with our carry-on luggage. It took  A LOT of organization, but in the end was well worth it. We discovered that we're best on our own with her and not traveling with other families because it can get complicated to accommodate other people's schedules when you have nap times, etc. So, our next trips will be just the three of us and if we're going to be around family we'll get a vacation rental. We're planning an Australia trip to see his sisters and I'll definitely find us our own space.

• Options

We'll be visiting my in-laws in Florida with my husband's siblings. We also get my Dad Phillies tickets to see an away game every year for Christmas and make a long weekend out of it. Last year we went to Atlanta, but we are trying not to fly this year. Not sure where we're going that, but we'll do that with my parents and my brother and his GF. Then, my mom and I may go to the shore for the week with Austin since I'm a teacher, but it will be something small, and other extended family members will be there as well.  

We haven't done anything just the 3 of us yet vacation wise. Honestly, traveling with Austin is a big task and we like to have the extra help. 

BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We took two one week trips last summer to the beaches in NC. One was with DH's entire family MIL, BIL, SIL, aunts, uncles, cousins. The other was with my mom and sister. This year, we're going back to NC with DH's family [we go every year] in July. Then in October we are going to FL for my cousin's wedding and making a road trip out of it. My mom is going with us for that one. Not sure if my dad is going or not. He might fly one way if he does.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This year DH and I are taking a vacation without the kids. 7 nights at an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana this May.

I am SO freaking excited.

We're planning to do Disney when Lauren's around 4 or 5 and Ryan is 6 or 7. I'm sure we'll do a few smaller trips because my aunt owns a beautiful home in Florida.
  • Options
    We just decided that this August we will be doing a Hyatt resort with a waterpark and hitting Sea World for a day.  DD was DS' age the first time we went and had a BLAST so I think it should be fun for all three kids (and us).
  • Options

In September, DH and I went to Boston and then Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket.

This year, I think the 3 of us are going to go to Colorado and visit a friend while there.

SIL, BIL and nephew live in Omaha (3 hours away), so I want to take several road trips up there as well. Especially once it's nice and we can visit their amazing zoo.

< img width=300 src="http://tinyurl.com/as97yc8"1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we're going to Austin for 4 days in April and my in laws and DH's BF (with wife and 2 year old son) are meeting us there.  We're renting a vacation house!
  • Options

We did Cancun and Disney twice with LO so far and they have been wonderful trips. One of the Disney trips we went with my parents but otherwise it has been just the 3 of us.

In July we're doing a beach house in VA with my entire family and my mom's best friend's family. We've all been vacationing together since I was 5. Back then it was 8 of us and now it's 15 of us if you don't count additional friends. :)

In September we're doing a Southern Caribbean cruise with friends of ours who have a LO about a year older than our little guy. And then we're doing Disney again as usual!

• Options
    DS and I went to Disney when he was 10 weeks old with my mom and sisters (DH was at a work meeting).  In a few months the three of us are going to England and Portugal.  DH is from England so going to visit his family as some have not met DS yet.  We will be staying with 3 different sets of family. The 3 of us are then heading to Lisbon for a few nights afterwards to just relax and do something different. We love to travel so want to get DS used to it.
    IVF #1 - DS #1 Born 2/5/12 IVF #2 - Egg Retrieval 2/14, Embryo Transfer 2/17, BFP 2/28/13 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"