Adoption

Let's say you had a baby registry...

where would you have it?

I'm starting to see that Target likes to discontinue their stuff quite frequently or "limit the availability" of a lot items.

:::FOLLOW MY HALF MARATHON TRAINING:::

:::Our Adoption Journey:::

Evan James was born 1/24/13 and matched with us 2/20/13. The LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Re: Let's say you had a baby registry...

• *Blushing and embarrassed*  I have a registry...Well, I made one 2 years ago when we were TTC and obviously things didn't go as planned. I have kept renewing it because it's a pretty awesome registry. Lol. But, we chose Baby Earth. The only physical store they have is in Austin, but they sell online nationally. They constantly seem to have the best prices, and great sales. It's a nice website, and most of it is earth conscience, and have a lot of organic and green items, which was important to me. They have a lot of educational stuff too, no junky and obnoxious toys.

Also, Amazon baby registry is pretty awesome, and they always have sales too. Almost everyone I know has one here. The only good thing I can say about the big box stores like Babies R Us though, is that they have registry completion programs. You can often get 20% off anything on your registry that hasn't been purchased (pretty great incentive). And EVERYONE has a BRU somewhere near them.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it on Amazon with a universal registry button :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I get EVERYTHING off Amazon.  We actually started a baby registry there just so we could keep track of what we needed.  Then I found out you could get a discount on one of your baby registry orders..when we thought we might match with someone already 8 months pregnant, I just went ahead and ordered it all, haha.  Thank goodness I did!  We are piggybacking off my sister's Amazon Prime so everything ships free within 2-3 days.
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I do have a registry (I'm a shopper and a planner). I have two in fact--one at Buy Buy Baby and one at Land of Nod. Buy Buy Baby's customer service has been really good and Land of Nod has some unique decor pieces that I can't find elsewhere.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think it depends what you want to register for..... big items?  Figure out what you want and go from there.

Personally we liked Amazon and Right Start.  

image Best friends and sisters... 24 months and 16 months
  • I have one at BRU (good for coupons and those who like to buy stuff for you at the actual store) and one at Amazon.  I agree with you on the Target disco stuff.  

TTC since March 2010, BFP #1 11.09.10, ectopic, m/c 12.14.10 (10w)
    Clomid + TI=BFN, IUIs 1-6= BFN
    Application for domestic adoption submitted 4/18/12, matched 8/12/12, DD born 10/31/12

• We have an emergency registry at Babies R Us.
  • imagemaryoosa:
    We have an emergency registry at Babies R Us.

BuyBuy Baby.  The best baby store in the land.  It is owned by Bed, Bath, and Beyond and so it is as big as a Bed, Bath, and Beyond but all baby stuff.  They accept the BBB 20% off coupons and have an amazing return policy that beats out babysrus.  My friends have had things for over a year and can return it just because.  It is an amazing store!  I could get lost for hours!

7/18/12-1st RE appointment CD2 blood work taken. Told to move straight to IVF. Starting BC pills and FSH injections plus Lupron. Hopefully doing ET in September Off BCP March 2011 Started TTC July 2011 7 months TTC with no luck an then.... Diagnosed 2/24/12 with 2 Ovarian Cysts. 3/22/12-Lap to remove cysts, look for endo, and see if tubes are clear. 3/22/12-Diagnosed with Severe Endo(tubes are clear). 4/4/12-Post op OBGYN appointment. Told chances of conceiving naturally are very low, but told conceiving in the next few months is our best chance due to being cleaned out during Lap. Referred to a RE. RE said IVF is our only chance to get pregnant. Told only a 20% chance even with two put in. 9/5-Lupron 9/20 Stims(Menopur & Follistim) 9/30 Trigger time 10/2 ER 10/3 fert report-out of 7 eggs retrieved only 2 fertilized. Hello "Thing 1 and Thing 2!" Kinda sad there is none to freeze. Because only 2 we will have 2DT to get them back into a natural envionment 10/4 ET. Found out that only 1 divided. We love you "Thing 2." Thing 1 is now snuggled inside me and we are praying it will be our take home baby! **Did not even make it to my beta, the day before on 10/16/12 I got my F'in period** Such a stab in the heart. Nov 2012-Moving onto domestic newborn adoption! Can't wait for my take home baby. We will try IVF again after 1-2 years of a clear head. Need a break from infertility treatments/issues for my mental sanity! image
  • My issue with target is their return policy. I had this problem with my wedding registry and then my best friend had it with her baby registry. Example- I received two pancake griddles that I had indeed registered for. We obviously didn't need two so I wanted to return one but they won't accept it without a receipt, even though it was on the registry. I was able to argue with the manager and put it on a store cred (which is fine considering we practically live at target) but I was just generally annoyed. Also, I'm close with both people who bough the griddles and they said they had used the registry. When I checked online, it was still listed as needed, so clearly there was an issue with them marking items purchased.

Now that was 4 years ago so things have improved I"m sure. I just wanted to share. 

TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • imageLIQueen:

imagemaryoosa:
    We have an emergency registry at Babies R Us.

BuyBuy Baby.  The best baby store in the land.  It is owned by Bed, Bath, and Beyond and so it is as big as a Bed, Bath, and Beyond but all baby stuff.  They accept the BBB 20% off coupons and have an amazing return policy that beats out babysrus.  My friends have had things for over a year and can return it just because.  It is an amazing store!  I could get lost for hours!

They'll also accept anyone else's coupons too (target, babies r us, ect.) and when you're registering you can have one of the consultants go through and do a personal shop to answer any questions about the products, everyone I've dealt with have really known their stuff. And if they don't have something you want, they still offer to see if it can be gotten either through the warehouse or by contacting the vendor. I pretty much recommend them to everyone I know, but LIQueen is right it's way too easy to spend hours in there so if you're going in there for the first time I wouldn't plan on it being a quick 10-15 trip.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"