August 2013 Moms
Options

Free Breast punp!!

I was lurking on the 2 timester and saw that health insurance covers pumps! I called mine and sure enough 100% covered. I get the choice of automatic, hospital grade, or manuel. Thanks bump for saving me $150!
imageimageimageimageBabyFetus Ticker Mommy of two amazing boys **Aiden 5 & Logan 3**

Re: Free Breast punp!!

• Options
    I had heard that as well! I called my insurance yesterday and they cover 100% too. Very happy to hear that. :)
  • Options

Thanks for Sharing!

I also think there are certain classes they cover also for pregnancy.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Don't get too excited. I have awesome insurance, and mine only covers a manual.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageJilllyBean:
    Don't get too excited. I have awesome insurance, and mine only covers a manual.

Yup. I'm really pissed about this too. I have BCBS and they said only a manual. I have great insurance, too. =(

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• Options
    I have awesome BCBS insurance and the baby program will reimburse 50 for a breast pump, 50 for a childbirth class, and 100 for a lactation consultant after LO is born.
  • Options
    I don't think my insurance covers pumps, but my work has a program where you can purchase good double electric pumps for a discounted rate. I would suggest other people check with their employers.
  • Options
    Yep....good luck finding a supply company that actually has the one you want in stock though.  I've got Aetna and my 2 options for a Medela pump are out of stock.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options
    My insurance won't take the referral until you are 1 month out from  your due date. Understandable, but it would make me nervous to get it on time. I know how slowly some of those companies move sometimes.

They did say they require an order from the OB if you want hospital grade or want a certain brand. I need to look into the different pumps as I'm pretty clueless at this point. :)
  • Options
    I have  BCBS also and they will cover a manual or electric Ameda pump. Each branch of BCBS is different so make sure you call your own company to make sure you know what they cover.

• Options
    I just called Kaiser and I can get the pump free too. She said it's part of the new healthcare reform and as long as businesses agree to sign on to agree to the new reform, things are covered. And yes, my OB will order it and it's up to the doc on what type would be best for me, manual or automatic. Hope that helps!! :D
  • Options
    Looks like my insurance covers it as well...need to call them and get the details on how that works

• Options

imageL&R70707:
    Yep....good luck finding a supply company that actually has the one you want in stock though.  I've got Aetna and my 2 options for a Medela pump are out of stock.

This. I don't know what that means. I plan on calling to see if I can get a backorder in. My only concern is that I have no clue which one to choose or even if I'm going to be able to breastfeed.  I have United Healthcare by the way.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine does not, boo tricare
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am fortunate to have my insurance cover the cost of a breast pump; unfortunately, that's about all they will cover.  Apparently pregnancy is an "Illness or Injury" to United Healthcare...even though we registered and our documentation said prenatal was well-care.  I am so confused and stressed out--Everyday there is a new surprise, but hey!  At east I get a breast pump... Yippee!  >(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That is beyond terrible! Do you have an hr rep who can help you? I have a contact at Paychex that helps with insurance issues. You sure you can't get a second opinion on the coverage situation? They can't deny you coverage as pre existing condition.

imagemaginell:
    I am fortunate to have my insurance cover the cost of a breast pump; unfortunately, that's about all they will cover. nbsp;Apparently pregnancy is an "Illness or Injury" to United Healthcare...even though we registered and our documentation said prenatal was wellcare. nbsp;I am so confused and stressed outEveryday there is a new surprise, but hey! nbsp;At east I get a breast pump... Yippee! nbsp;gt;
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh my word!  Thats awesome!! Thanks for sharing!  I'm going to call my insurance company tomorrow and find out if they cover also.
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Huh I didn't know that. I guess I really need to look into this. Free is Free!
    Wife to Michael 5/25/02 
    Mom to Reilly 3/13/03 
    Mom to Ryder 7/26/13
    BFP 12/10/12
    Beta 12/12/12: 351 @16 dpo 
    Beta 12/17/12: 2999 @21 dpo 
    Beta 12/20/12: 7539 @24 dpo 

• Options

imagesabrinatolga:
    That is beyond terrible! Do you have an hr rep who can help you? I have a contact at Paychex that helps with insurance issues. You sure you can't get a second opinion on the coverage situation? They can't deny you coverage as pre existing condition.

My pregnancy wasn't a pre-existing condition even.  It was just something we looked into before we signed up.  Anyhow, It's my husband's insurance. We called the company tonight and apparently there are prenatal codes as well-care and other medical.  the midwife I was seeing chooses to bill as medical, so I have to pay.  I'm switching to a new midwife though, so I'm not beyond begging her to use well-care codes.  It will save us literally thousands!   Thanks for the concern and advice.  Hopefully I will have answers withing the next 2 weeks or so... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagemaginell:

imagesabrinatolga:

&nbsp;My pregnancy wasn't a pre-existing condition even. &nbsp;It was just something we looked into before we signed up. &nbsp;Anyhow, It's my husband's insurance. We called the company tonight and apparently there are prenatal codes as well-care and other medical. &nbsp;the midwife I was seeing chooses to bill as medical, so I have to pay. &nbsp;I'm switching to a new midwife though, so I'm not beyond begging her to use well-care codes. &nbsp;It will save us literally thousands! &nbsp; Thanks for the concern and advice. &nbsp;Hopefully I will have answers withing the next 2 weeks or so...&nbsp;

That's so weird. I am part of the United Healthcare Options PPO managed by UMR, and everything is covered. Quad screens, nt scans, US, and I never have a copay. I paid only 200 OOP with DS. I wonder if United Healthcare has a bunch of different plans or something.

I'll have to call about the breast pump though. I didn't think to call, I have a Medela swing pump I love, but I will take a backup!
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Options

That's so weird. I am part of the United Healthcare Options PPO managed by UMR, and everything is covered. Quad screens, nt scans, US, and I never have a copay. I paid only 200 OOP with DS. I wonder if United Healthcare has a bunch of different plans or something. I'll have to call about the breast pump though. I didn't think to call, I have a Medela swing pump I love, but I will take a backup!

UHC does have many plans.  We have a Choice Plus HRA plan.  Our choices were almost the same except employer would put a large sum of money into the HRA plan and on the other, you were on your own.  According to the insurance reps, what you pay entirely depends on how billing chooses to code it...  I'm hoping for the best! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageOrganicmama1227:
    I was lurking on the 2 timester and saw that health insurance covers pumps! I called mine and sure enough 100% covered. I get the choice of automatic, hospital grade, or manuel. Thanks bump for saving me $150!

THIS IS WHY I LOVE THE BUMP! AND THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ON IT! Thank you soooo much for sharing! I had no idea! I called my insurance and I am getting a free pump. Thanks!! I really appreciate it!

• Options

imageL&R70707:

This is what I'm afraid of.  I have Aetna and according to the manual the BP is covered but I haven't called to figure out the details.  I know some insurances won't send it out until AFTER the baby is born or other restrictions...

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"