Parenting

can you get a sinus infection?

like is it contagious? because I didn't think it was...

DH thought he had the flu last week. Was home sick as a dog for days. Monday he finally went to dr & they said he didn't have the flu just a sinus infection and started him on antibiotics. Well today I feel AWFUL. Like I can't take it, sitting at work and all of a sudden shivering cold but have a heater blasting right on me. Body aches and throat hurts. Had a lot of pressure in my head when I woke and figured this weather (one day 50 one day 0) probably messed with my sinuses. Used the netti pot and felt fine, until now.

Re: can you get a sinus infection?

• Nope, not contagious. 

But, a cold or something contagious can cause a sinus infection.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagektshoff:

Nope, not contagious. 

that's what I thought, but he was diagnosed with sinus infection. Even if I caught his cold and it turned into an infection... You think I'd feel like "cold like" for a day or two without just all of a sudden feeling like death, right?

::sits shaking in chair::

• Loading the player...
  • Chills & aches make me think you have the flu.

• imagejess60:
    Chills & aches make me think you have the flu.

DH had the same symptoms (didn't go to dr at first, because didn't think they could do anything for flu) and he came out with infection. 10 days of antibiotic, after day one he felt better...

• imagechapski:
    imagektshoff:

Nope, not contagious. 

that's what I thought, but he was diagnosed with sinus infection. Even if I caught his cold and it turned into an infection... You think I'd feel like "cold like" for a day or two without just all of a sudden feeling like death, right?

::sits shaking in chair::

If you have fever it may indicate it could be a nasty infection and does/will require antibiotics for it to go away.

Take yo' ass to the doctor!

I hope you feel better soon.  In the meantime, chug some NyQuil.

• imageBostonKisses2:
    I think it depends if it's viral or bacterial?  I'm really prone to them, but I know one time when my H and I were still dating we both came down with nasty ones within days of each other.  That could just be a coincidence, though.  I'm not really sure and may be talking out of my ?ss right now.

any time some says this, Ace Ventura, "mind if I aaask you a few questions?!" pops into my head Wink

Also: I made an appointment for 6:20 so I'll be dr'ing it up on my way home from work!

• That's the suck. I hope you feel better soon!
  • imagechapski:

imagejess60:
    Chills & aches make me think you have the flu.

DH had the same symptoms (didn't go to dr at first, because didn't think they could do anything for flu) and he came out with infection. 10 days of antibiotic, after day one he felt better...

Well, then I say go to the doc & find out what it is so you don't have to be miserable anymore.  GL!

• Because I know how you all worry about me so...
    Just got back from dr. I have the flu. Would assume DH had the flu, but days later when he actually went to dr, flu was gone and left behind an infection.
    Dr said I was very good to come in ASAP, gave me theraflu and strict rest
  • imagechapski:
    Because I know how you all worry about me so... Just got back from dr. I have the flu. Would assume DH had the flu, but days later when he actually went to dr, flu was gone and left behind an infection. Dr said I was very good to come in ASAP, gave me theraflu and strict rest

Ugh, sucks for the flu. I hope you get better soon. Sad

• Like other infections they can be viral or bacterial.  There is a chance that you can get it from another person.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"