2nd Trimester
Options

spill the beans?

I'm currently at 14 wks with my second child and I would love to tell my parents the good news but, they're not exactly thrilled with my fiance at the moment and we're in the process of digging ourselves out of a financial hole needless to say, the timing of this LO is not perfect.. I guess I'm just a little nervous of what their reaction might be. Even though I'm 26 years old, I still look for my family's approval and support with everything. I especially want this pregnancy to have all the joy, perks, and love that was lacking from my first now that I have them at arms reach I was living in Hawaii for 32 wks out of the 40 while my friends and family were in California
Any advice on how to break the news?
Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: spill the beans?

• Options

Why not ''LO1 is gonna be a big brother/sister!''

I became pregnant the same week that I started a new job (with FI unemployed, like, totally timed that one right) so I was quite tempted to just not tell anyone until they either asked or until after LO2 was born.

I just phoned my dad and told him that DD was gonna be a big sister in June, he took it like any man and said, ''Oh that's nice, how's the weather over there today.'' He told my mom later and she phoned back and asked how I was feeling, etc.

It was a lot nicer than when we told the ILs, they were less than excited because I had just started working again, and we didn't own a house, and they didn't expect us to have another for quite some time.

"What are you having?" "Well the radiologist says its a healthy little human baby. I'm a little disappointed, because I really wanted a puppy." LOL
  • Options
    Thank you! Mentioning their grandson while breaking the news is a good tactic!
    The sooner I tell them the better because my smaller frame is already giving it away this time so they're definitely going to know the next time they see me!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 20 weeks and havent told my mother. Her reaction would be similar. We had a falling out last April and havent spoken since. Good luck
  • Options
    Im so sorry to hear that. My relationship with my mom is kind of rocky for the first time in my life and a falling out is exactly what Im concerned about. Keep in touch and let me know what happens if you tell her and I'll do the same! Good luck to you, too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"