October 2012 Moms
Options

one and done?

I told my mom we were probably one and done. She told me "It's just not right for her to be an only child!". Whatever mom. Do you one and done ladies get guilt trips about it?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: one and done?

• Options
    I am very much one and done. I am an only child so obviously no guilt from my mom but my MIL would have had 8 or more kids if she could have. I had a very hard pregnancy and delivery so I just cant see going through it all again with a toddler on the side.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I get a TON of crap about it! Especially from my hubby's grandma. At the hospital the first thing she actually said to me was "So when are you going to start trying for a boy? You need to carry on the family name, you know!" Our daughter was 5 hours old!

Every time I talk to her still, she asks about a boy. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mom has said repeatedly that she never thought I'd even have one, so she doesn't say anything about it.
  • Options
    I have 3 sisters and Husband has 2 brothers. Nobody we know has only one kid. The concept is just completely foreign to her. I know she doesn't mean anything by it, it's just obnoxious. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    Yup we're one and done and get hounded constantly by my MIL. When she was 4 weeks old my MIL said well you can start trying now. I told her it's not happening for at least 2 years if ever. She finally got the hint 2 weeks ago when I told her that I sold all my old maternity clothes and other items. She said won't you want them for your next one and I said no. I'm not having another one and I have to finish school and we want only one child. She said oh I thought you were joking. This is the woman who tried to take my BC away when I was only dating her son for a month.
    Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    imagemrsdaggett:
    This is the woman who tried to take my BC away when I was only dating her son for a month.

o_O Whaaaat?! I'm gonna need this story. LOL

Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I am an only child. And because of that, I wouldn't purposely want an only child. I am to this day, still genuinely jealous whenever I hear people say 'my brother' or 'my sister'. I actually had a 'fake' older brother when I was a kid, just because I wanted siblings so bad. Now, maybe not every only child feels this way. And I absolutely love my parents, we were close, we're still close. They made sure I had plenty of friends and family to play with almost daily, so I appreciate that. And I now that I'm older, I completely appreciate the troubles my mom went thro ugh just to have me. But, knowing how much I longed for a person to torment (or torment me) in the back of the car on road trips, or to have someone to blame when I spilled red juice on the carpet, I will definately try to have more than one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just realized I sound like I was trying to guilt you into having another kid. I wasn't. And I'm sorry if it came across like that. I guess I should have added that people ask me all the time if we'll have another kid because 'I was an only child'.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes, I did for many years. I ignored it though because we were able to give DD1 so much more than if we had 2 LOs to split our finances between...

It is different with this LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    I get a TON of crap about it! Especially from my hubby's grandma. At the hospital the first thing shenbsp;actuallynbsp;said to me was "So when are you going to start trying for a boy? You need to carry on the family name, you know!" Our daughter was 5 hours old!Every timenbsp;I talk to her still, she asks about a boy.nbsp;

This, except the mil. Grrr

She told me I had girls to spite her and I need to give my husband a son now because he needs one. Apparently she didn't pay attention in health class. My husband had even told her I make girls.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

imageAbuDhabiMommy:
    imagejessilynnwilliams:
    I get a TON of crap about it! Especially from my hubby's grandma. At the hospital the first thing shenbsp;actuallynbsp;said to me was "So when are you going to start trying for a boy? You need to carry on the family name, you know!" Our daughter was 5 hours old!Every timenbsp;I talk to her still, she asks about a boy.nbsp;
    This, except the mil. Grrr She told me I had girls to spite her and I need to give my husband a son now because he needs one. Apparently she didn't pay attention in health class. My husband had even told her I make girls.

Ugh, Sorry you have someone like this too! It sucks! 

• Options
    YES!! And we got crap for it by almost everyone until I got a surprise BFP a year ago!! DS is almost 7!  He loved being an only child too and never asked for a sibling.  If asked by anyone he said no. He had no desire to share and probably only loves DD b/c he knows with their age difference he won't have to share much!  I will have to say I love this age difference!
  • Options
    YES!! And we got crap for it by almost everyone until I got a surprise BFP a year ago!! DS is almost 7!  He loved being an only child too and never asked for a sibling.  If asked by anyone he said no. He had no desire to share and probably only loves DD b/c he knows with their age difference he won't have to share much!  I will have to say I love this age difference!
  • Options

imagemrs.ike:
    imagemrsdaggett:
    This is the woman who tried to take my BC away when I was only dating her son for a month.

Sorry forgot I posted yesterday. So my MIL is OBSESSED with babies. She used to rub them on me if I was in the vicinity of her and she would hound me about getting pregnant.  After meeting me and my first spend the night experience at their house I woke up to find her going through my backpack. I asked what was going on, she said oh nothing. So I told Ben about it and he asked his mom when I wasn't around. She was looking for my BC. She told me later when we were all together that she was going to take it so I could have grandbabies. I was like, well I'm on the patch so you'll have to rip it off my a$$ and that's not happening any time soon. That was 10 years ago. Lucky I love her son otherwise I would have been out of there!

Me: 38 BF: 35
    TTC Journey
    TTC since 1/2020
    AMA and poor sperm motility/count/morp
    5% chance of IUI success
    10/26/2021 - MC#1

Zoey Catherine
    10/17/2012 - 7/4/2018
    She fought DIPG (brain cancer) for 2 years
    #LETTHELIGHTSHINE
    http://zoeyslight.org/
    https://www.instagram.com/casey_steinv2.0/

• Options
    imagemrsdaggett:

imagemrs.ike:
    imagemrsdaggett:

Sorry forgot I posted yesterday. So my MIL is OBSESSED with babies. She used to rub them on me if I was in the vicinity of her and she would hound me about getting pregnant.  After meeting me and my first spend the night experience at their house I woke up to find her going through my backpack. I asked what was going on, she said oh nothing. So I told Ben about it and he asked his mom when I wasn't around. She was looking for my BC. She told me later when we were all together that she was going to take it so I could have grandbabies. I was like, well I'm on the patch so you'll have to rip it off my a$$ and that's not happening any time soon. That was 10 years ago. Lucky I love her son otherwise I would have been out of there!

Holy crazycakes. I have no words.

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"