Toddlers: 24 Months+

How much is your 3 year old sleeping??

My dd will be 3 on Sunday. The past month her sleep has been so off.  She has officially given up nap. She wakes up by 5:45 every morning where she used to sleep past 7!  By 7 she is completely exhausted, so she is usually asleep by 7:45 by the very latest...so she is only getting about 10 hours total sleep daily. Is this normal?  I have tried to get her to go back to sleep, but it turns into a complete scream fest. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How much is your 3 year old sleeping??

• DD was 3 in Sept.  Within the last month she has started to nap less and less.  Maybe 2x a week instead of every day.  She goes to bed around 8pm but often takes a couple hours to fall asleep.  She's up between 7:30 and 8am.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure if it's normal or not. 

I was hoping dd would keep napping for a while, though!

• Loading the player...
  • My daughter turned 3 in October of last year.  She went through this too.  She would go to bed at 8:00 pm and wake up between 4 and 5 am.  But before that, she used to sleep until 7 or  8 am.  She didn't want to nap and she was miserable.  Just recently, her schedule is going back to "normal" and she is waking up at a more normal hour.  She is also back to taking naps at least 5-6 days a week. 
  • This makes me feel like there is hope to getting back to normal eventually. She started giving up nap several months ago, but was still occasionally napping throughout the week. she was also sleeping at least 11 hrs at night on top of having some naps. She desperately still needs a nap and is absolutely miserable because of the lack of sleep. Hope it's a 3 year old phase!!!
  • Just keep up the routine. DS did this around that age but I kept putting him down anyways. Some day's he laid in his bed and sang, talked and whinnied for an hour and then I would go get him but I always put him down each day. He is 4.5 now and still naps every day for 2hrs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD just turned 3 this month.  She goes to bed between 7:30(asleep by 8).  We wake her at 7 for preschool.  She takes a 2 hour nap at school.
  • Dd still sleeps 10 hours a night and a 1.5-2 hour nap at home. 

Nap time is 1:00 at this house ...tired or not! If she chooses to quietly play in her room that's her choice but I don't let her come out (I don't go in there) until DS wakes up. It doesn't happen often that she refuses to nap but if she doesn't there is no other time for naps. She has to last until 8pm bedtime.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"