August 2012 Moms
Options

AW: DD's FIRST haircut (PIPs)

Yesterday, Caity was 4 years, 1 month, 1 week and 5 days old and finally got her first hair cut. It was long enough that instead of having it be thrown into the trash we talked to her about it and she decided to donate it to someone who needs it. It was rough to watch even though it was waaaaay past due. I didn't cry while it was happening but I couldn't breathe. There were so many things going on in my mind. The hair that was cut is the hair I've been caressing and brushing for the last 4 years. It's the hair she was born with (she never lost any as a baby). This was one of her "firsts". I've been present at every single one of her "firsts". My little girl is growing up. Crying

My beautiful girl before:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The ten inches that has been donated:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My beautiful girl after:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: DD's FIRST haircut (PIPs)

• Options

Aww, she has such an amazing smile! Such a beautiful girl! I love that it was long enough to donate!

I guess I over use !!! eh? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • Options
    She is so beautiful!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love this she is adorable! So awesome that you donated it!
  • Options
    Good for her! She is beautiful!
  • Options
    She is so cute and looks like she loves her new haircut! Someone will be very fortunate to receive those gorgeous curls :)

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Options
    She looks great! Glad she could donate it's a great gift I can cherish.
  • Options
    She is precious! That is amazing that yall did that! :)
  • Options
    Beautiful! Thumbs up to the princess dress! Lol.
  • Options
    Awww what a sweetie!
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • Options
    She is so beautiful! 
  • Options
    imageSpruceGrouse:

Aww, she has such an amazing smile! Such a beautiful girl! I love that it was long enough to donate!

I guess I over use !!! eh? 

i agree with this all!!!  except that spruce uses too many !!!!.  this is !!!! worthy.  so cute.

• Options

imagekikimo327:
    What a cutie!  What prompted the cut?  (I love that she wore her princess garb for her haircut!)

We've been talking about it for a long time and were gonna do it earlier this month but DH wanted to wait until after her picture day at school so we had one more pic of her with her "baby hair". He is such a sentimental bowl of mush Stick out tongue

Thanks! Yes, we told her she could wear whatever she wanted since this was a special occasion.  And it worked out well that she chose to wear the Rapunzel dress since Rapunzel gets her hair cut in the movie too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What a cutie!  She looks so happy and the cut is adorable.  It will be long again before you know it. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh I just cried. She's gorgeous. And that pic of the ten inches....ugh. newborn hair. Wow. Congrats on that big step. What a big girl now! Donating is such a big thing and for her to understand that she's amazing!!
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"