2nd Trimester
Options

Swimming during Pregnancy

I'm taking work out swim classes and love it. I want to continue after baby is born for all the stretching. When do you think would be a good time to start back in the water with bleeding and all. (Its a public pool) Can you use a tampon for an hour? 

Re: Swimming during Pregnancy

• Options
    No, you can't use a tampon for an hour. Plan to take 6 weeks off - you won't be cleared for exercise until you have your check-up. Nothing but walking until then.
  • Options
    You shouldn't use tampons until you're medically cleared by your OBGYN anyway. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can probably return to this when you're done bleeding, and that's different for everyone. And no, you can't just use a tampon. First, because nothing should be inserted into your vagina before you're cleared by your doctor at your six week appointment because your placenta leaves a gaping wound in your uterus that needs to heal and and secondly, because that close to giving birth it would probably not even stay in.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejane.says:
    You can probably return to this when you're done bleeding, and that's different for everyone. And no, you can't just use a tampon. First, because nothing should be inserted into your vagina before you're cleared by your doctor at your six week appointment because your placenta leaves a gaping wound in your uterus that needs to heal and and secondly, because that close to giving birth it would probably not even stay in.

::giggle:: this just gave me a funny image of a buoy-sized tampon floating through the pool... with the Jaws theme song playing...

Love: 08/04/2006
    Marriage: 10/02/2010
      Computer Hope
    Baby Carriage: 
    BFP#1 : 03.2012........MMC + D&C : 05.2012
    BFP#2 : 11.12.2012..........Born 07.17.2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Buggy List blog
  • Options
    imagekhays8785:

imagejane.says:

::giggle:: this just gave me a funny image of a buoy-sized tampon floating through the pool... with the Jaws theme song playing...

If it was buoy-sized it *might* stay in. Regular size, you will definitely have a Jaws situation on your hands...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You can't use a tampon or anything like that for 6 weeks. Plus your Dr probably won't let you work out for 6 weeks too.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageMeemaleema:
    I'm taking work out swim classes and love it. I want to continue after baby is born for all the stretching. When do you think would be a good time to start back in the water with bleeding and all. Its a public pool Can you use a tampon for an hour?nbsp;

Nothing, absolutely nothing in your vagina for 6 weeks after you give birth.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Thanks guys. I was 99% sure the tampon was a no-no. I remember the 6 week rule from last time.  

• Options
    No, you can't use a tampon until you've healed completely. And that is going to be 6 weeks, minimum. You'll have to take some time off until your doctor gives you the ok.

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    You cannot use a tampon and you will just have to wait until you are done bleeding. It is different for everyone, but usually 6wks or less.

I'm going to school to become a midwife! 
    You can follow my journey here: http://midwife101.wordpress.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"