Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How do you teach LO to wipe their bottoms?

We just started potty training....like Monday.  So this is all very new.  DD seems to be doing great with limited accidents.  She's even pooping on the potty at home and school.  I've wiped her everytime though.  And it's usually at least 4 wipes to get everything there.  I know it will take a while before we all get this down pat, I'm just wondering what is the best way to throughly clean her bottom after she poops.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: How do you teach LO to wipe their bottoms?

• Options
    He learned on his own.  one thing he needed was long enough arms.  She might not be big enough to do it on her own yet.  I think I finally stopped wiping around 4 and I just double checked.  Now I don't need to do even that unless it is a really messy one.  He clogs the toilet otherwise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Long enough arms!  Would have never thought of that but it totally makes sense.  Duely noted.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Get her to practice wiping up spills etc from floors, counters, tables. If you've been painting and the table needs an extra scrub, show her how to wipe a few times to make sure it's all gone. If you really want to get technical you could put some PB on a place and give her tissues to wipe it off with, though I think it's just a bit of a waste of food!

DS wipes pretty well, I sometimes have to do a small wipe for him when he's done. He's also figured out to wipe and look at the TP, if it's clean he's finished.

imageimageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"