October 2011 Moms
Options

Tell me about e-cigs

Please. I know that a couple of you have given me some info in the past but I could really use some more info about how they work. Do you refill them yourself? If so, how much stuff do you add to them? Can you add nicotine to them then reduce the amount over time? If so, how do know what dosage? Are they rechargeable? How long does each one last? How much does each one cost?

Anything else you can think of that would be helpful would also be greatly appreciated. TIA.

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Tell me about e-cigs

• Options

The ones my brothers shop sells have rechargeable batteries. They also sell one that is what they call a pass through, it doesn't have a regular battery, it runs off a USB. You can do it two ways, buy a tank or drip the liquid. A few drops will last you a little bit and allow you to switch between flavors. You can buy a cartomizer and that usually lasts about 2 weeks, we also sell a punched cartomizer so you only have to replace the inside part and it is cheaper in the long run or you can just use an atomizer to drip. You can also buy a rebuildable atomizer (which is what MH prefers) so you only have to replace the wick and wire which is what actually does the vaporizing. This might explain it better

https://vapingguides.com/blog/vapor-trails-2/atomizer-vs-cartomizer/

We sell nicotine in different levels 2.4% which is pretty high, most people start off at 1.8% or 1.2% and after awhile level down to .8%. There are people who buy it with no nicotine. We sell an egoT starter kit which has 2 ecigs and a charger. We sell different sized batteries as well as a variable voltage one. I would look on some forums to try to find some recommended sites to order from. Obviously I can recommend my brothers shop lol.  I think overture was the other person posting about them so maybe she can send you some links too. Even if you don't order anything from me let me know and I can send you some stuff.

• Options

Thanks for the additional info Lopes! I still have the info Overture sent me which is also very helpful but the details about this are blowing my mind! Big Smile

If you buy pre-filled cartomizers how long does each one last if you smoke like 15-20x per day?

Does the actual e-cig last a long time or does it have to be replaced often?

How long does a charge last on the e-cig?

I have a horrific fear of any consumables from China. Is there a way to tell if the products in the cartomizer are from the US or UK?

Are the cartomizers interchangeable? Foe example, if I run out can I go down to my local smoke shop and buy whatever pre-filled cartomizer?

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We sell the juice in bottles and you fill your own cartomizer. One bottle is between 5.50 and 16 depending on the sizeThe ecigs we sell usually last around 8 hours on one charge. The ecigs we sell last indefinitely, you just change out either the carto or the wick and wire. I'm not sure where our ecigs are manufactured but my brother uses them and he is weird about stuff like that. All the stuff for the juice is from the US.
  • Options

That is good to know that the juice is from the US. I am not sure if I want to mess with that or get ones that are pre-filled for convenience. Right now I am thinking about picking up a couple of disposables so I can try them out before committing to a more hefty purchase. Can you tell me how long one bottle of the liquid lasts for the size?

Thanks again for all of the info! I am still looking up more info on the website you directed me to as well.

• Options
    I've never used them, but I had a friend who did. He loved it. He was able to reduce the amount of nicotine he used over time. He bought bottles of juice and refilled it himself. It was rechargeable and much cheaper than buying cigarettes.
  • Options
    I have no clue, really, but my big brother quit smoking with them last year.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

When I quit using the e-cig I used one with the pre filled cartridges that you screw on. I can't remember what brand because it was awhile ago, but I did go to some e-cig forums to help me pick one. I know the starter kit was around $120.  I can't remember the exact price of the cartridges, but I can tell you it was a heck of a lot cheaper than real cigs. I think I used one to two cartridges a day.

The cartridges came in several strengths of nicotine going all the way from full strength to zero nicotine. I was able to step down every few weeks without much difficulty. I was a pack a day smoker and I haven't had one real cig since the day I started using the e-cig. 

FIL just started using the e-cig too. He is a huge smoker. He literally can't go more than a hour without a cig. He's doing great so far.

It's definitely worth a shot smit. You have nothing to lose. And if you can be successful you will gain so much.

• Options
    Thank you all so very much for the info and recs! I bought one disposable e-cig to try today before I commit to a started pack. I think it will work great for me but just wanted to try it out first. The disposable was almost $10 so I will definitely be checking into a starter kit. I really appreciate everyone's input very much!
  • Options

If you buy pre-filled cartomizers how long does each one last if you smoke like 15-20x per day?

You will probably vape more than you smoke, initially.  Forget the marketing stuff that one cartomizer = one pack.  It doesn't really work that way.  A pre-filled would last me probably a day before I'd have to top it off with liquid.  Depending on the style of e-cig you have, buying pre-filled cartos can be good, but it's a waste not to buy liquid to refill them.  The flavor goes way before the guts of the carto start to degrade.

Does the actual e-cig last a long time or does it have to be replaced often?

Something like an eGo battery will last a pretty long time.  I have two that I've been using for over a year and they're both pretty much as good as new.

How long does a charge last on the e-cig?

This varies a lot depending on what you get, and how much you use it.  An extra long kr-808 battery will last you probably 2-4 hours of heavy use.  An eGo battery lasts me almost all day if I'm using it a lot.  I don't use it every day, so I charge it probably twice a week?

I have a horrific fear of any consumables from China. Is there a way to tell if the products in the cartomizer are from the US or UK?

Do you mean the polyfill or the juice?  If you want to know your juice is from the US, get blank cartos and fill them yourself.  There are so many good American juice companies.  As far as the polyfill and the metal, I don't know.  Even the American retailers that put their own labels on stuff I think usually order wholesale from China.

Are the cartomizers interchangeable? Foe example, if I run out can I go down to my local smoke shop and buy whatever pre-filled cartomizer?

Unless you're using some crazy mod, there are generally two types of cartomizers - those that fit on 808 style batteries and those that fit on eGo style batteries.  The difference is the configuration of the threads on the end that screws in.  Regardless of what brand of battery you get, most are one of those two styles.  You absolutely do not have to buy cartomizers from the same company where you bought batteries.

• Options
    Thanks Overture! I still have the info your sent me before and along with everyone's responses and info I am starting to get my head around this more. This really helps a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"