Breastfeeding
Options

BFing and stopping the pill...future pregnancy and BFing

Anyone do this and see an increase in supply? How long did it take to see an increase?

I was on Micronor .35 if that makes any difference.

Also, what happens to your supply if you become pregnant while nursing?

Thanks

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

BFP #3- 02/21/12 ~EDD 11/1/12  Audrey Lee Born 11/4/2012

BFP #4 ~EDD 6/20/14 stick baby stick!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: BFing and stopping the pill...future pregnancy and BFing

• Options

I would only expect an increase if the progesterone caused a decrease for you.

Pregnancy can cause a decrease in supply. It varies person to person, but it's very possible that if you become pregnant you will be unable to continue EBF (supplementation is likely, especially if you get pregnant very quickly). Buy some condoms if that doesn't appeal.

• Options

Thank you ladies.

I was hoping to see an increase when I went off of it.

And I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that I am a lucky one who can BF/pump and be pregnant (someday).

BFP #1- 11/7/10 ~EDD 7/20/11 ~M/C (bo) 12/6/10 @ 8wks ~Missing my Little Firework

BFP #2- 9/11/11 ~EDD 5/25/12 ~M/C (mmc10w)11/4/11 @ 11wks ~Missing my May Flower

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Is there a reason you're in a hurry to have another baby? It's really hard on the body to be nursing + pregnant within a year of a previous pregnancy.

I'm nursing and pregnant right now, but there's a big difference between my child's needs at 20 months and his needs at 3 months. 

• Options
    imagetheresat858:
    imagetokenhoser:

Is there a reason you're in a hurry to have another baby? It's really hard on the body to be nursing + pregnant within a year of a previous pregnancy.

I'm nursing and pregnant right now, but there's a big difference between my child's needs at 20 months and his needs at 3 months. 

This...my OB actually said that recent research shows it's best to give your body 18 months to heal between pregnancies.  And most LOs will either be weaned or needing less milk from mom at that point, so it's less traumatic if a supply drop happens.

Fair question. I dont know. It was just something DH and I felt like we might as well since we want another and we would like them close in age. It did take us about 2 years to have this one. I know it could take another 2 year and losses or it could take no time.

You did bring up some questions/concerns for me. I had not heard about the 18mo thing. Thanks ladies, I will be calling my OB in the morning to get his take and also looking some stuff up on my own.

He (OB) and I did talk about me not starting the pill (before I had Audrey and we were having the "what to do for bc" convo) and just seeing what happens because he did know we wanted another. I have a feeling he is fine with babies close, but I will call him to discuss.----I guess this is part of the reason we decided to ttc this early.

Hmmmm, you all gave me something to think about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"