October 2011 Moms
Options

bathing ?

How often are you bathing LO? We are still on the 3 times a week schedule. Obviously if he gets dirty, gets haircut or something else requiring a bath we give him another. He LOVES bathtime so I was wondering if we are past the not bathing daily thing? TIA

4 Clomid cycles BFN's,3 injectible cycles BFN, 3 failed IUI's
Hystroscopy to remove cysts 11/2010
IVF #1 with ICSI Graydon Dane born Oct. 23, 2011 via c-section at 38 weeks.
Surprise BFP 10/9/12. Blighted ovum at 8wks. D&C 11/1/12.
Surprise BFP#2 TWINS!!! Boy/Girl twins.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: bathing ?

• Options
    We do every other night with the kids. Anything more and my DD gets horribly dry skin. In the summer time we do it according to how dirty they are each night and if we played outside. 
  • Options
    You could run a tub with warm water and let him splash around. I feel like with Lo it's the soap and actual washing that dries her skin out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Brooke gets put in water almost every night, except maybe Saturday.  She doesn't always get washed with soap.  It's part of her bedtime routine and it works for us.
  • Options
    We do bath every other night, but she only gets a soap scrubbing maybe once a week or if she is dirty. I only wash her hair once a week as well.
  • Options

imageBeesMomma00:
    Brooke gets put in water almost every night, except maybe Saturday.  She doesn't always get washed with soap.  It's part of her bedtime routine and it works for us.

This is us except Wednesday nights because we have church. DH does bath time o it's also a nice break for me and N loves it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD gets a bath every night (unless I'm out and DH is on his own or we have a babysitter).

She gets pretty messy at daycare and she loves smearing food in her hair. So, it has become part of our nightly bedtime routine.

• Options

imageBeesMomma00:

Same here.  Plus, she gets bored being inside all day, so the bath is a fun activity for her to do at night.  She loves bath time!

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• Options

We do a bath everynight, but only use soap a couple times a week.

It's part of the wind down evening routine - his last chance at playing/splashing/coloring before storytime and bedtime.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Only once a week because he has eczema. This is per the Dr's recs. If he absolutely needs a bath in between for some reason then we will give him one of course.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageblueyedwife:
    We do a bath everynight, but only use soap a couple times a week.It's part of the wind down evening routine his last chance at playing/splashing/coloring before storytime and bedtime.

Same here, DS absolutely loves bathtime. He tries to climb in the bath about three times a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD gets a bath (with soap) every night.  She has since she was born.  She loves it. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    imagekagl08:
    We do every other night with the kids. Anything more and my DD gets horribly dry skin. In the summer time we do it according to how dirty they are each night and if we played outside.nbsp;

This! B gets really bad dry patches on his skin and if we bath everyday this get so bad. Every other day works great for us.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesmit5009:
    Only once a week because he has eczema. This is per the Dr's recs. If he absolutely needs a bath in between for some reason then we will give him one of course.

Same with my DD. She has the dryest skin ever so we try to limit the baths to once a week. She HATES baths, though, so it ends up working out well.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    Every other day
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    We do a bath every other night, although I'm thinking of doing one every night (but not using soap every time) because DD loves it so much! We lather her up with lotion after every bath to avoid dry skin issues.

• Options

DD gets a bath every night, unless we get home too late.  

We do soap every other night on her skin, but sometimes I will wash just her hair because it gets greasy easily like mine (oh and she likes to put food in it, so I need to wash that out!) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We do a bath every night and have since his umbilical stump came off. This winter his skin has been more dry so I only soap him every other day. Other than his hands, and bottom. Those get soaped every bath. I also use lotion every night. DS is a pretty messy eater, and he tends to sweat a lot. I can't imagine washing him any less. He'd get stinky pretty quick.
  • Options
    It amazes me that some kids aren't filthy like my DS at the end of the day. We have to bathe him every single night.

• Options
    every night w/ soap
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DD gets a bath every weekday. Weekends depend on how dirty she is, but she stinks when she gets home from daycare.
  • Options
    Every other night.  This may change once it gets warm out and they play outside. 
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    Roughly every second night. Sometimes every third. Alastair's skin gets so dry otherwise.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DS gets bath time with soap every night, sometimes more than once a day. If his skin gets dry I put lotion on. He loves bath time so that works for us.
    TTC Since 01/09
    Unexplained IF
    Clomid cycle 1-3 - BFN IUI 1-3 - BFN 
    IVF 1 - BFP 4/4/11 - It's a boy!
    FET 1 - BFP M/C 6/14
    IVF 2 - 33R/19F 12 PGS resulted in 5 normal embies
    FET 1 scheduled 12/10/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"