July 2013 Moms
Options

OMG! Day 2 of food poisoning or stomach flu!?

After my 2 fainting episodes Friday night that landed me in the ER, I have felt OK. Yesterday, a co-worker picked up Lees fried chicken for me and I had 2 pieces of chicken, potato wedges and a biscuit.  Well about 2-3 hours later, I started feeling really hot and clamy,  I had to run from my desk to the bathroom, once in vomited all over the floor until I made it into the toliet and did it twice! I also had severe diarrhea!  I had to leave work an hour early, had to pull over to vomit twice on my way home and once home, again! I called my OB and she called in a script for Zofran. The vomiting started to subside but I have had to go with diarrhea probably 20x! I don't know if I got food poisoning or the bad stomach virus going around? Mom thought maybe it was the morning/all day pregnancy sickness but with the persistent diarrhea, thought maybe it is something else. I called into work today because I feel like pure hella :(  The doc said if it goes on for 24 hours I would probably have to go back to the hospital this week for IV fluids..I am TRYING to take sips of water and eat crackers because I had a GI virus when I was pregnant with DD and wound up in the hospital with 2 bags of IV fluids and Zofran.  So much for the so called "honeymoon" phase of the 2nd tri! I am having an awful week..ugh Ick!

Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OMG! Day 2 of food poisoning or stomach flu!?

• Options
    I got the norovirus in December.  16 hours of vomiting and diarhea, non stop.  Ended up in the ER for dehydration.  That is really going around...you may check and see if you have that.  I had no other symptoms except the vomiting and diarhea...it's just a more severe form of the stomach flu.  Not fun at all.  Hope you feel better.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Aw you poor thing!! I hope you don't have to go back to the hospital. Hopefully the zofran starts working for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had what was probably the norovirus last week. It was terrible and is going around like crazy. Thankfully the vomiting and diarrhea only lasted about 24-36 hours but it took a while to fully recover and be able to eat solids without pain. I initially thought food poisoning, but then my DH got it 24 hours after me, so it was obviously a virus. Thankfully DD never threw up but had the diarrhea. Hang in there!
    DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options

I saw the news that there is a norovirus going around that is particularly virulent. Keep your fluids up and go to a BRAT diet until it passes. If you are worry about nutrients you can do a shake/smoothie.

I really hope you feel better.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

My Mom had told me about that, she saw it on the news last week.  She said that unlike flu, it can live on surfaces for up to a week!  Prim, with my mind in the state its in right now, what is the BRAT diet? I remember doing it for DD but Im outta my mind right now..But thank you everyone for responding..maybe it wasn't the darn chicken afterallSad

Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I really hope you feel better soon!  BRAT is bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast...I think...
  • Options

DS2 and I had the stomach virus earlier this month and I ended up in the ER for dehydration. Honestly I wouldn't wait and would go right away. I was PO'd DH made me wait as long as he did.  :(

Hope you get some relief soon!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

In my freezer, I had a box of Pedialyte popsicles I had bought for DD a few months ago when she was sick and I ate one last night..BLECH! No wonder Cadance didn't like them, they are horrible!! I have been letting them melt and then drink it down literally like a shot of liquor, quickly! It has subsided somewhat, knock on wood!  I pray I can get back to work tomorrow, I don't have any paid leave

• Options

I got the stomach flu early on in 1st tri. Holy eff did that suck. I still haven't been able to eat tomato/mozzarella salad since then, as that was the last thing I consumed before the vomiting began. Fluids, fluids, fluids.

And a bucket for throwing up in while you sit on the toilet. 

BFP # 1 11/2011, MC 12/2011 
    BFP #2 11/2012, Delivered at 21 weeks on 3/16/13 due to complications with bilateral renal agenesis. 
    ~~Missing Astrid Lynne~~
    BFP#3: 09/2013, EDD 5/14/14

Lilypie - (9zLl)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"