July 2013 Moms
Options

Sore Throat

Ok- so my doc gave me a very small list for sore throat meds and I sent dh to get some stuff this morning. I am just feeling awful- I got zero sleep last night bc of this throat causing so much pain. So question is: have any of you ladies used this while pg- like I said I believe these are the things on my list but thought I'd check.

Cepacol Sensations, Halls Defense, Sore Throat Anesthetic Spray???  My glands don't feel swollen but it's very painful.  I've gotten more sick in the last month than I have in a year...it's starting to annoy me.  Thanks!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Sore Throat

• Options
    Ive got a sore throat too!

Have you tried hot tea and honey?

I've tried all of the above, but not during this pregnancy. If your doctor recommends then go for it!

I have the burts bees honey drops, they are natural so I can't see what igredient would be bad for me.
  • Options

I just went through a soar throat and recovering.

Two things i did:

1. Boil a couple of pieces of fresh ginger in water.  If you want more ginger..add to your taste. Let it boil for like 5-10min.  Then strain...although i never did, i just let the peices float in my mug.  Add honey to taste..and drink away.  Its warm for your throat.  I did about 3 mugs a day, def one before i went to sleep.

2.  This is my mom's indian recipe.  It sounds gross and tastes gross, but it works.  Boil half cup of milk, add 2 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of tumeric powder.  Let it all boil up and take it off the heat.  Have like 4 table spoons every few hours, warm if you can.  Reheat when u have it the next time.  You can add more or less salt or tumeric if you find its too strong.

Hope you feel better. 

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

If it's painful to swallow or gets more difficult to swallow, call your doctor an get a strep test.

TTC since Feb 2012. Me: 39, DH: 37
    BFP #1 5/27/12- m/c 7/9/12 @ 10w2d (cytotec induced @11w).
    Fibroids, Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism
    BFP #2 11/18/12  EDD 7/27/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"