Breastfeeding
Options

solids

Hi! My LO is 6.5 months. He started solids about a month ago. I have a friend with a baby the same age. She participates in the WIC program and she told me that wic is providing her 6 month old baby with a stage 2 fruit, stage 2 veg, and meat per day. So thats 3 jars of baby food a day.

My LO eats a stage 1 fruit for breakfast mixed with some cereal and a stage 1 veg for dinner. It seems as if that amount is good for my LO for now, but its significantly less then what the WIC program is recomending for a baby my LO's age.

What do you all think? How much solids should my LO be eating at 6.5 months? He still nurses every 3 hours or so. He dropped down to 5-6 feeds per day since starting solids. I hope Im feeding my LO enough....he seems content. Thanks!

Re: solids

• Options
    My DD was EBF until 6 months, so at 6.5 months she was only eating oatmeal with fruit for breakfast.  Everything else throughout the day was BM. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think you are right on, we pretty much have the same schedule as you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wic is awful for nutrition they also recommend giving two year old apple juice everyday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"