February 2012 Moms

O's of the U variety... (that means UO!)

2»

Re: O's of the U variety... (that means UO!)

• imageHattieLove:
    imageRNmama12:
    imageHattieLove:

imageRNmama12:
    I hate Classic Pooh.  I don't like the characters and I especially don't like him as nursery themes/party themes.  I think classic Pooh looks cheap and like something you would buy second hand at a yard sale (I think it's because the colors are all pastels and look dull). My MIL gave me a whole 20 book set of Pooh books and I loathe the fact that they have to sit on DS's bookshelf.  I always joke with my sister and tell her I'm going to throw her a classic Pooh themed baby shower, because we both despise him.

classic pooh > disney pooh

SurpriseSurprise   Noooo

ETA: I'm not sure what happened there with the quote, but now it won't let me edit it.

But they're such good books!!

It sounds like you just don't like the look of them and most likely haven't cracked the cover, so I'm not going to defend how the stories have more moral and substance to them and provide a better message to children, because your dislike is purely visual, right? Right??

Don't judge a book by it's cover! 

I'm not a fan of some of the classic pooh. We have a 4 book set of classic pooh books that are great - but the illustrations are crummy. Christopher Robin looks like a girl. Not kidding. My boss gave me a classic pooh frame thingy for hands/footprints that I have hanging in her room that is cute though (we did a modern pooh/piglet nursery - emphasis on pinks with piglet).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• imagepoobear2015:
    imageHattieLove:
    imageRNmama12:
    imageHattieLove:

imageRNmama12:
    I hate Classic Pooh.  I don't like the characters and I especially don't like him as nursery themes/party themes.  I think classic Pooh looks cheap and like something you would buy second hand at a yard sale (I think it's because the colors are all pastels and look dull). My MIL gave me a whole 20 book set of Pooh books and I loathe the fact that they have to sit on DS's bookshelf.  I always joke with my sister and tell her I'm going to throw her a classic Pooh themed baby shower, because we both despise him.

SurpriseSurprise   Noooo

ETA: I'm not sure what happened there with the quote, but now it won't let me edit it.

It sounds like you just don't like the look of them and most likely haven't cracked the cover, so I'm not going to defend how the stories have more moral and substance to them and provide a better message to children, because your dislike is purely visual, right? Right??

I'm not a fan of some of the classic pooh. We have a 4 book set of classic pooh books that are great - but the illustrations are crummy. Christopher Robin looks like a girl. Not kidding. My boss gave me a classic pooh frame thingy for hands/footprints that I have hanging in her room that is cute though (we did a modern pooh/piglet nursery - emphasis on pinks with piglet).

From almost every sentence in this post, I can tell we have very different styles. I LOVE that Christopher Robin breaks some gender stereotypes and pushes the gender neutrality that kids should have the ability to embody.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRNmama12:
    imageHattieLove:
    imageRNmama12:
    imageHattieLove:

imageRNmama12:

SurpriseSurprise   Noooo

They are longer than average children's books and my husband reads them to DS sometimes.  They will be better for when he is older and can actually enjoy a story. I am not swearing them off, I just don't love them and wouldn't have chosen them myself.

That sounds a lot tamer than your original post. The words "loathe" and "despise" are what surprised me and influenced me to defend classic pooh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • imageHattieLove:

From almost every sentence in this post, I can tell we have very different styles. I LOVE that Christopher Robin breaks some gender stereotypes and pushes the gender neutrality that kids should have the ability to embody.  

Yeah - it really isn't my style. I see the illustrations as more "old school" (hence the whole "classic" theme of it) and it's just not my thing when it comes to kids stuff.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Am I missing something? What's wrong with pouches??
    Off to find thread
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"