April 2012 Moms

Brushing Teeth?

Do you brush LOs teeth?  At our pedi appt (9 months) they gave us a handout that talked about developmental milestones, yadda yadda....it said on there that we should start brushing LOs teeth.....do you guys do this?  I guess it is a good idea -- I just never thought about brushing those little nubs.

BFP #1 - 04/11/2011 - EDD: 12/22/2011 -Natural MC 5/18/2011 @ 8w6d BFP

BFP #2 - 08/12/2011 - EDD: 04/21/2012 1st U/S 9/12/2011 - Healthy baby seen -- Heartbeat at 166!

BFP #3 - 08/02/2014 - EDD: 04/09/2015 ---Prayers for a take home baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Brushing Teeth?

• Not always. If I think of it, I'll try during bath time or let him try during bath time. Or if he's sitting in the bathroom while I brush my teeth, I'll give him his toothbrush, and he'll do it with me. It isn't a part of our routine yet, and we don't even have toothpaste for him yet.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DD has none yet. But we do wipe her gums.

• Loading the player...
  • We definitely do it once a day in the morning and I try to do it at night too. I would like her to get into a routine. She loves watching me do it so I'm lucky that she likes it done as well. She also has 8 teeth so it's a good idea to do it now.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do my best to remember to do it during bath time but I do forget. Our dr gave us the kind that slips over a fingar. Well little miss thing is a biter so I got a normal baby tooth brush. Letting them kind of chew on a damp wash cloth is good too. My lo likes that better. 
  • I don't, but that's because my girl doesn't have any teeth yet.

• We wipe gums at bath time with cloth,they have those little rubber brush things that you put on your finger and is softer than a toothbrush for new teeth and gums
  • I use spiffies for their gums and first teeth...you can buy them on amazon (grape flavor is so good) They have xylitol in them which is great to reduce chances of transmitting decay-causing bacteria (strep mutans) to babies. They should see the dentist for the first time around 1 yr.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"