Baby Names
Options

Down to 4

So we have two names picked out for each gender. Just need help deciding on one for each
Boy
Ransom Ferrell both family names and my fave
Oliver Rice mn is a family name as well
Girl
Marlow Rice/ Ferrell
Bronwyn Rice/ Ferrell
Mn are a sure thing just depends on what names we go with and the gender of the baby.

Re: Down to 4

• Options

The boy's name is an easy pick: Oliver. I don't think that Ransom is a name. I think of ransom as 'the release of property or a person in return for payment of a demanded price'. The only person I know of named Ransom is poet and essayist John Crowe Ransom, and in that case Ransom was his surname. So no, I wouldn't do Ransom. 

I prefer Bronwen. According to Nameberry the Bronwyn spelling is masculine (at least in Wales). Marlow has a nice sound to it, but it's bang on trend (surname as first name) and sounds very 2000/2010's. 

Bronwen

Origin of Bronwen: Welsh

Meaning of Bronwen: "white breast"

Bronwen is widespread in Wales, but still rare enough here to sound exotic--we think Bronwen is a real winner. (Note: the Bronwyn spelling is strictly for males in its native land.)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Not a fan of any of them
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't like any of them.  Please don't name your baby Ransom. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The only one I like is Oliver.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Oliver and ????

I LOVE Oliver, but agree that Ransom is just cruel.  Is it really a family name?  Both girl names are NMS.

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options
    Oliver and Bronwen (spelled like this)
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Options

Oliver Rice

Marlow Ferrell

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like Oliver, very cute and cool
  • Options
    imageKimbus22:

Oliver and Bronwyn by a mile.  Ransom is really, really terrible.  It's like naming your kid Extortion.  Marlow is just meh. 

I'm not loving either MN choice but I'd probably go with Ferrell?  

This exactly. And Bronwyn is one of the few names I really like with the "y" spelling.  

FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    The only name I even remotely like on your list is Oliver.  Sorry!
  • Options
    DEFINITELY Oliver Rice for a boy. Strangely I like Rice as a mn for a boy but not a girl. I actually really like both of your girls names but prefer the middle name Ferrell for both. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Looks like I'm vein out voted on the name ransom by everyone. Sad I love that name but my husband was on the fence about it and I think this just sealed its fate. Oh well Oliver is a favorite of mine too
  • Options
    Oliver and Marlow.
  • Options

Yep, Oliver and Bronwen/Bronwyn for me too.

Ransom is not good.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    If you love Ransom and it's a family name as well, could you do Oliver Ransom? I'm still not a fan of the name personally, but might be a good compromise for you.
  • Options
    I don't like Oliver ransom together. Ransom is from my great grandfather and Ferrell was his wife's name and my MN and I loved the idea of combining them. DH was on the fence about it but now he doesn't want it so I will set it aside for now.
  • Options
    Definitely Oliver..the others sound weird and made up..were they really first names?  Using a family name is nice, but not if it is from a way different time and just sounds funny now
  • Options

I like Oliver and Marlow of the 4 choices.

The name Ransom, sounds "bad" to me.  I'm sorry, I don't like to shoot down names, but this one just makes me think of something negative, and babies are far from negative.

• Options
    Oliver and Bronwyn.  Ransom is horrible and I'm just not a fan of Marlow.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    Oliver and Marlow
  • Options
    Ransom would be tortured by kids. Fact. Oliver is great!
    Birthday

• Options
    Oliver and Marlowe by far!

• Options

imageRenee1105:
    The only one I like is Oliver.

This.

Ransom is horrible.

• Options

I like Oliver Rice & Bronwyn Rice.

Ferrell makes me wish Farrell's Ice cream parlor wasn't closed. That sounds so good right now!

Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options

Oliver and Bronwyn.

Ransom just has negative connotations no matter what it means to your family.

I know a Bronwyn. She is from Australia but has been here in America most of her life and is very intelligent, successful and attractive.

• Options
    No to all of them lol sorry
  • Options

imageJoy2611:
    Oliver and Bronwyn. Very nice. I oddly love Rice as the middle name. EDIT: On behindthename, Bronwyn and Bronwen are both considered feminine.

This.

And to Joy2611 - I don't know if it is because you are a Phillies fan or what but I find myself always agreeing with what you post.

• Options
    Sorry OP, but the only name I like from this list is Oliver.
  • Options
    Oliver for sure for a boy. I like Marlow for your girl name, but Bronwyn is fine too.
  • Options
    Easy choices: Oliver and Bronwyn. Please don't use Ransom.
  • Options
    I used to know a Ransom.  It's a legit (very traditional) name.  And no one teased him about it, but we were already (young) adults.  I say if you love it, use it.
  • Options
    Oliver.  That's all I got... bad.

• Options

imageelainelbuck:
    Oliver and Bronwyn.  Ransom is horrible and I'm just not a fan of Marlow.

Yes, this.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"