Blended Families

Never knew this board existed. So happy!

I'm so glad I found this board. I was hoping and wondered what blended meant... I don't know if I'm blended, per se, but certainly my family life is abnormal. I have a daughter who lives with a family member, and whose father is completely out of the picture. Also, I am engaged to a wonderful man and we are expecting in June. SO has great relationship with my family and my daughter. With another baby on the way it has brought up a lot of emotions, thoughts, doubts and fears in me. Nice to know I have a place to share those, as well as discuss the kinds of issues that come from my child living outside my home.

Re: Never knew this board existed. So happy!

• imagehappywife2b:

I'm so glad I found this board. I was hoping and wondered what blended meant... I don't know if I'm blended, per se, but certainly my family life is abnormal. I have a daughter who lives with a family member, and whose father is completely out of the picture. Also, I am engaged to a wonderful man and we are expecting in June. SO has great relationship with my family and my daughter. With another baby on the way it has brought up a lot of emotions, thoughts, doubts and fears in me. Nice to know I have a place to share those, as well as discuss the kinds of issues that come from my child living outside my home.

Welcome to the group! I'm going to say that based on your description  you fall into the "blended" category.

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Welcome! Can I ask how things came about that your daughter lives with a family member, and how that works for you now? (i.e. visits with her.)
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a long story, but I've never really shared it. My family knows and my SO knows, but it's just sush a departure from normal that most folks wouldn't even believe me, or would flame the heck out of me. So I contribute where I can, and try not to get emotionally worked up when I read posts that hit upon my own trauma triggers. Let's just say that I am glad to read things from both sides and get some perspective on my own situation, even from afar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"