3rd Trimester
Options

I didn't know I was pregnant

I've watched a few of these episodes on YouTube and I'm just in awe... And especially jealous of all the ones who never lost their figure during their pregnancy. I really couldn't imagine not knowing all this time....
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyName Ticker image

Re: I didn't know I was pregnant

• Options
    Yeah, especially when I feel a little foot poking out of my side... "Oh, must be gas" lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

The only way I could possibly not know I was pregnant would be if I was already massively obese and wasn't getting regular periods anyway before getting knocked up.  Even without "eating for two" my belly is disproportionately huge compared to the rest of my body and has been rather round for a couple of months now. 

Maybe not knowing until about month 5 if you still spotted/bled every month and had an uneventful pregnancy otherwise (no morning sickness, no extreme fatigue), but I honestly don't think all of these stoires are on the level.

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had this thought the other day too! I just cant understand it. There is too much movement, I would think if I didnt know it was a baby I would certainly go to the doctor because there would be a small alien in me moving around. 
  • Options
    I have been seriously doubting those stories also lately. I understand women may not be able to tell based upon their figure if they are already overweight and don't have regular periods. But there is no way I could overlook all the crazy movements going on in there. It does NOT feel like gas or digestion. It feels like there is something living in there. I think most of those women have serious denial issues. . . or very sleepy babies?
  • Options
    They lie. If you pay attention to the actual moms, they are usually a whole lot bigger than the actors portraying the story. Most are not just borderline obese, and those that aren't that big will often mention losing lots of weight recently. You'll see that when they interview fhe actual mom, they often only show from neck and shoulders up as to keep the illusion that she is smaller and make it seem astonishing that she 'never got a belly'. I have been stalking this show lately because it blew my mind when I saw it for the first time a couple if weeks ago.
  • Options
    I had watched that show a long time ago and now that I'm pregnant I can't believe it's anything other than total horsecrap. Whether you are large or don't gain weight, I just don't see any way you could never feel the baby moving.

I remember this one segment where the woman was about 5ft 2, 120 lbs, and went into labor at home and didn't know until then she was pregnant. She had some medical condition and that was supposedly why she didn't gain any belly or think not having a period was weird. I'm like, seriously???
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I feel like in several episodes I've seen, these women experience some basic symptoms but were told that they could never get pregnant so they write it off. Never say never!
  • Options

I haven't watched the show recently because it angers me. FI sees real women that didn't know they were pregnant for a while, or hid their pregnancy, and rarely is it a happy ending if they've reached full term. 

They don't talk about the babies that die or have life threatening conditions, so I think it paints an unclear picture of prenatal care. After all, why take your vitamins every day and not drink/smoke/do whatever when you're pregnant when clearly, these women were able to have successful pregnancies and healthy babies to term without all of that? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

lol, I actually had a moment when I got a positive test about this show. I have severe PCOS, a missing period is no sign of pregnancy to me so I seriously had no idea how far along I was, but not showing. I started freaking out crying and saying, "I'm like one of those clueless moms on 'I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant!!!!!" Crying I turned out only to be 7 weeks along but....

I think without the doctor I would have known something was up around 5 months. That is when I started showing, like obviously showing, and getting really strong movements. I don't understand with the movements why they wouldn't have at least gone to get checked out. I will say though, the ones that took several pregnancy tests throughout that were negative I do feel very sorry for, that is really messed up.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Never judge.  You just don't know, unless you've been there. 

I know a woman who didn't know she was pregnant.  There were a lot of factors that went into it. 

She was married, but they weren't trying.  She never had a regular period, so going months without one and then having random spotting was normal.  She was very large and her shape didn't really change (she had the baby in January, so weight gain was attributed to holidays).  She says she never really felt movement (probably anterior placenta, but I don't know).

She now says that if she had known she was pregnant, she would  would have been really worried because of the "periods" and because of the lack of movement she felt. 

The baby was healthy and she is a great mom.

• Options

I know every pregnancy is different. I had a family friend that was six months along and she was wearing a bikini at a summer get together. I could hardly believe she was pregnant. She is a short petite maybe 120 when wet woman. She hardly had a belly at 8 months but all of her pregnancies were like this. All 3 of her kids were over 7 pounds at birth. She told me you would know right away when you are pregnant. I did, I could tell more than a week before I tested positive. Fooling others is possible, but not knowing yourself is kinda crazy.

• Options
    imageLibbyLouHoo:

I find it hard to believe that most people could get to full term without noticing, but FWIW, I barely felt DD at all throughout my pregnancy thanks to having an anterior placenta. If I hadn't know I was pregnant, I could have easily chalked it up to gas. I never understood when people would complain about painful movements because I couldn't feel her at all unless I was laying very still and paying close attention.

This LO is a different story. I felt more movement this time by 17 weeks than I ever felt with DD. It feels like he is regularly trying to break out.

This was me with my DD, I barely ever felt her, I ended up in the hospital multiple times for monitoring.  However, I was HUGE so there was no denying I was pregnant.

• Options

I don't doubt that the stars can align and you'll end up with a person who didn't know they were pregnant, were not obese, kept their rough figure and had a healthy baby.  What I seriously doubt is the sheer number of women that have these circumstances happen to them - enough to have a whole TV series?!?  I agree with one previous poster, that for some of the stories there is some truth bending going on... 

Within the group of people I know we can cobble together one story from something like five women - I never had regular periods, a friend never showed significantly, another had anterior placenta, another had no symptoms whatsoever, etc.  But the odds of it all occurring in one person seem pretty small.

Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageRunaway22:
    Yeah, especially when I feel a little foot poking out of my side... "Oh, must be gas" lol

This made me LOL!Smile

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

They must have all had anterior placentas. Last time around, even at 42 weeks right before delivering, I didn't feel a ton of movement. I still was very aware that I was pregnant but I'm pretty sure that my placenta was toning down what I was feeling. This time around my placenta is in the back and I feel EVERYTHING. 

ETA: I went to high school with a girl (who was super nice and very responsible) and she posted on Facebook one day saying that she went into the doctor with a severe stomach ache and gave birth to her son. She was pretty average size and said she had absolutely no idea that she was pregnant.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hahaha. I think a lot of it must be psychological: not wanting to deal with a pregnancy.  The part that gets me is the women who "go to the bathroom" and look in the toilet and voila: there is a baby! How can you think that you're going #2?  Poops come out of your butt and babies come out of your vagina. Anything on TV has to be taken with a grain of salt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagelindseybell3:
    How can you think that you're going #2?  Poops come out of your butt and babies come out of your vagina.

I felt like DS was going to come out of my ass before he started crowning. All I felt was the pressure in my rectum, the contractions (that felt like serious poop cramps) and an urge to push. 

However, if I were in THAT much pain trying to poop, I'd be calling 9-1-1 thinking that it's definitely not a turd that's going to be coming out. I may not think it's a baby if I didn't know I was pregnant, but I'd definitely be like, "This is, in no way, normal."

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMT-Head:

The only way I could possibly not know I was pregnant would be if I was already massively obese and wasn't getting regular periods anyway before getting knocked up.  Even without "eating for two" my belly is disproportionately huge compared to the rest of my body and has been rather round for a couple of months now. 

Maybe not knowing until about month 5 if you still spotted/bled every month and had an uneventful pregnancy otherwise (no morning sickness, no extreme fatigue), but I honestly don't think all of these stoires are on the level.

This... I feel like some of these people are just in denial. Pretending like you don't know you're pregnant won't make it go away. I know once in awhile it might really happen... but not that often. C'mon. 

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options

Ummm I was ebfing on the mini pill and NEVER got my period. I had no idea I was pregnant until 3 months into it and it was on a "whim" because I noticed Dd nursing longer than normal and I felt funny. I called a lactation consultant and she suggested I tested. 

My first pg was extreme symptoms, bed rest, tons of cravings and morning sickness and other complications. My second  pregnancy was an easy breeze and never got any morning sickness or cravings. I would have noticed at some point my tummy growing but like I said before I took the test, at almost 11 weeks I had no idea. 

Oh and when you are in L&D you will hear "if you feel like you have to poop call a nurse right away"  ithats when it's time to push! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"