Adoption

Experiences with Agencies????

We are very new to this process, and haven't yet selected an agency. I would love to hear experiences with Adopt Help and others, but am not sure if it is allowed.  I would also like recommendations on Dear Birth Mother profile companies.  

Thanks,

Jen 

Re: Experiences with Agencies????

• We did not use AdoptHelp. Hopefully someone else has experience.

We didn't use a profile company, we did it ourselves. I enjoyed it actually. Our agency showed us sample profiles and gave us a list of guidelines. you may want to hold off until you find an agency, as they may have specific guidelines or requirements.

• We worked with an agency (not Adopt Help). We made our own profile. Our agency encourages that and strongly discourages hiring professionals. Their feeling is that the best matches are made when you present yourselves authentically and originally. They did give us guidelines and samples to work from.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are currently working with an agency- not Adopt Help. But we made our own profile. Frankly, what most of the professionals charge is a racket. It is much less expensive and probably more authentic to do it yourself.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used AdoptHelp.  Feel free to PM me with your questions.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"