June 2012 Moms
Options

Updated- My IUD has moved and gone through the wall

Now what? I have a thing through my doc where I can see all my medical stuff as soon as it comes through so I havent talked to him yet. Im assuming it has to be removed?

This was the perfect answer for us and Im really annoyed I spent 1000 bucks out of pocket for this thing

UPDATE- Gone through the wall apparently doesnt mean all the way through.  It just means it's stuck into the side. He got a few second opinions and they all said it will suck coming out but it more than likely wont go any further. So we're keeping it. I just have to be on top of checking my strings. 

Re: Updated- My IUD has moved and gone through the wall

• Options
    oh no! that sucks, I'm sorry this happened. Your dr will need to remove it. When I got mine and my dr explained the risks, she said that it wouldn't affect the ability to carry a baby in the future if it went through. 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! My understanding is that it will have to be removed. I don't know whether you can get another one inserted if you'd like or if you have to wait any length of time before doing so. You may want to find out whether a replacement would be covered for free under your health insurance as part of the Affordable Care Act.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thats a good thought with the affordable care act- it wasnt covered. Maybe I can do the pill til it is.

And I found out by asking for an ultrasound. My periods werent affected at all, and even though it can take a while- I had a feeling. Im a little crampy now that I know about it. I just invested so much, I wanted to make sure it would last me- not that it did. 

Going in tomorrow. Fx for no surgery

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"