April 2013 Moms
Options

No longer feel guilty

No longer feel guilty for drinking a dr pepper today after I read this post https://m.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71396590.aspx

Seriously? Smoking pot while pregnant ?!?
BabyFruit Ticker
BabyName Ticker image

Re: No longer feel guilty

• Options
    Wow!!! That us seriously messed up! People now adays are all about ways to getting high that they can't see past the fact that weather it's pot or cigs or caffeine. It's all still a BAD drug to inhabit while carrying a child. And to the post bout " babies who suffered from crack only stayed in hospitale a week" I mean cone on. A whole week is a week more than it should be. People r destroying there babies life by smoking that crap.

Sorry I just got a little heated reading about dumb people and people that supported her.

No don't fe guilty about the dr pepper. Especially after reading that .
  • Options
    I don't think i'd put caffeine in the same sentence of dangers as pot or crack...
    imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageemeraudecephiro:
    I don't think i'd put caffeine in the same sentence of dangers as pot or crack...

This.  Caffeine in moderation is completely okay.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageemeraudecephiro:

This.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't know why you'd ever feel guity about drinking a Dr. Pepper in the first place.  If it is caffeine you're worried about, there's only like 28 mg in a can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageJSS1002:
    I don't know why you'd ever feel guity about drinking a Dr. Pepper in the first place.nbsp; If it is caffeine you're worried about, there's only like 28 mg in a can.

Exactly!
  • Options

imagewhiterabbit646:
    No longer feel guilty for drinking a dr pepper today after I read this post https://m.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71396590.aspx Seriously? Smoking pot while pregnant ?!?

Dr pepper is my weakness!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm NOT smoking pot during my pregnancy, but what are the bad effects of it on the baby?  
  • Options

imageTelebell:
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm NOT smoking pot during my pregnancy, but what are the bad effects of it on the baby?  

There have not been a lot (any?) studies done because you could not ethically ask a study population to smoke pot just to study the effect on the baby.  

And it's hard to gather anecdotal information because people won't admit to smoking pot because it is illegal.

The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • Options
    Wow...I can understand wanting to get rid of morning sickness and all that jazz but seriously, it isn't just about "you" anymore!  There's a completely helpless life force that you're completely responsible for.  To each their own I guess?  I did have a room mate a few years ago who "claimed" that her OB told her to smoke pot because she had morning sickness and wasn't able to eat anything.  I called BS
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I'm late to this thread but I'm going to reply anyway. I had Hyperemesis (severe morning sickness) with both pregnancies. I chose not to smoke pot but I know there were a few people on the HG board who had doctors recommend consuming marijuana to control the sickness. I personally don't judge the moms who choose to follow their doctors recommendations in those situations because you have to weigh whether the risks of severe weight loss/starvation, major dehydration, and the consequences of violently throwing up 15+ times a day are better or worse than the risks of smoking pot. I was on home health care and had to get a PICC line so that I could receive daily IV fluids so that is the level of sickness I'm referring to, not just occasional morning sickness. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"