Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Does your baby stand?

DS is 6.5 months and doesn't seem to have the slightest interest in standing.  I know that he is not suppose to be able to stand yet, but when we are in a play group, I see other babies his age standing with support.  When I try to get DS in a standing position, his legs just kind of wobbles, and he looks rather miserable, so I let him sit back down.  

Re: Does your baby stand?

• Options
    Yep. Around 3 months DS could hold weight on his legs, by 4 months he could hold all of his weight. By 6 months he was crawling, and within a few days he was pulling up to stand with ease. Now he does a side shuffle and stands/sits with ease.BUT DS is petite. 16lbs at 7 months. I see plenty of babies his age that don't stand. There's a 9 month old in one our classes that isn't standing up. No big deal! I don't think there's anything wrong with it. DS has been early on all of the gross motor developments. It's just what he's focusing on right now. They're all different!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My DS is standing, and pulling up.  He now will let go and stand unassisted for 2 to 3 seconds before falling. :)  But he isn't any where near standing for a long period of time yet.  At 6 months, he could support weight but couldn't stand without someone holding him.  I wouldn't worry about it at this point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has liked to stand hanging on to people for several months now. If he is sitting on the floor in front of me, he will grasp my two index fingers and pull himself up. He can't pull up on anything else yet, though. He is also not crawling in any fashion yet. He will use his arms to pull things closer to him or to revolve in circle slowly, but his belly remains firmly anchored on the floor. I kind of wish he was crawling rather than standing. I'm just about ready for him to have another degree of independence b/c it is frustrating him so much to be immobile!

• Options

DD has always preferred to stand over everything else! HAlf the time to get her to sit, I have to kind of force her to bend in half. She has been standing with assistance since maybe 4-5months, and now at 8 months can pull up unassisted and will walk holding your fingers. But, she doesn't have ANY crawling skills, or for that matter any interest in  learning any. She has always cried and thrown a fit during tummy time. We force it for at least a few mintues a few times a day, but with no success at this point.

All babies develop different skills at different times...I wouldn't worry about it. If your DS is a bigger kid it can take longer to stand. He would need to have stronger muscles to support more weight. DD is a real peanut (was only 13.2lbs at 7 months). She doesn't have a lot masss to support/pull up.

• Options

Yes. 

He just started, too. He slowly began about a week ago and has become a pro rather quickly. Now he goes up with ease.

• Options
    If his legs don't bear weight, you should talk to your pediatrician.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"