3rd Trimester
Options

Dropped! STM's how long til your labour?

Baby had dropped today.
I'm wondering how long it took for your labor to start after dropping?

Would be happy to wait until my scheduled section on Feb 15th.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: Dropped! STM's how long til your labour?

• Options
    Both dropped at around 30 weeks. I gave birth to my first at 38 weeks 5 days. You have a good chance of making it quite awhile longer.

image image
  • Options
    DD dropped about a month and a half before she was born, around her EDD.  Other moms don't really drop until they were in labor.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not a second time mom, but my baby dropped around week week 37, and I'm almost a week late.
  • Options

DD didn't drop until sometime during labor. 

So basically... dropping means squat.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With DD, I dropped at 32 weeks and didn't go into labor until 40w 1d.  I've already dropped this time around as well.
    BFP #1: 5-14-2010, DD born 1-22-2011
    BFP #2: 4-20-2012, Natural MC 5-1-2012
    BFP #3: 7-19-2012, DS born 3-27-2013
    BFP #4: 9-13-2014, MMC discovered 10-27-14 at 10w, d&c on 11-6-14 

• Options

When I was pg with DD2, I read that S+TM usually didn't drop until the last minute (vs FTM who can drop several weeks ahead of time).

I went out with coworkers at 36w6d, and someone mentioned it looked like baby had dropped. I said I had noticed the same, but surely that couldn't be because I still had 3 weeks to go. Well wouldn't you know it my water broke that night and DD2 was born at exactly 37w. (DD1 was born at 39w4d).

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Mine never "dropped". I remember asking one day around 36 weeks when he would drop but they said he already had. I was induced at 40 weeks. No signs of labour before then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"