November 2012 Moms
Options

IUD Issues

Okay, so I think I'm being punished for all my Duggar talk on Monday.  I was told when my IUD was placed that it was likely that I would experience heavier bleeding and heavier cramping.  My IUD shifted from original placement to sono checkup a few weeks later. The NP told me it was a wait and see game to determine if it was fine or if my body was rejecting it. Tuesday I was cramping so hard I was having flashbacks of labor! I also started having a serious bout of bleeding. I would say it's AF, but usually my periods are this heavy, but last 10-14 days. And the bleeding is a little lighter today. Maybe it's going to be lighter with an IUD? Who knows. Today every time I've changed my tampon, i feel like I'm being stabbed in my vagina. I felt for the IUD and the strings and I don't feel them at all. All you bump physicians want to give me a diagnosis over the internet? Just kidding, but anyone else having IUD issues or had them in the past?

Re: IUD Issues

• Options
    No clue about IUD's but honestly that sounds terrible.  Are the strings kind of an indicator that the IUD is still in place?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Dude.
    Get it out.
    Or...

Wait the two weeks and see if it's a period.
    If not, get that hoe out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This sounds like a horrible experience! Hope it sorts itself out soon! I probably would have gotten it out already!
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That sounds terrible, I hope it sorts itself out.  I'm supposed to get mine placed soon so I'll let you know if I have any similar problems.  If it were me however I would get that sucker removed.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have no advice I can only tell you my personal experience, a year before i was KU i had the paraguard placed becasue I didn't think we were going to be planning ot have kids any time  soon... WORST.6.WEEKS.EVER then I had it taken out.... cramping bleeding misery

it could have been any number of reasons but I will never get and IUD again

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Dude, that doesn't sound right. I got my IUD around the same time as you and my Dr told me that intense cramping and bleeding could be signs of your body rejecting it, or worse. Can you get it checked again? With pain like that I'd be concerned that it may have gotten embedded somewhere it shouldn't be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, doesn't sound good. I think I'd be nervous to let that same NP that put it in anywhere near my lady parts.
    Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options
    imagedanak4:
    Yeah, doesn't sound good. I think I'd be nervous to let that same NP that put it in anywhere near my lady parts.
    I def don't plan to see her ever again. I plan to call once the office opens.

Idk why I decided to mess with a good thing. I didn't have a period for 15 months after my first was born. I likely would have had a similar experience this time.

Or it could always be my triplets drop kicking it out of my uterus. Y'all comin to my shower???

• Options

imageCandaceLeigh:
    imagedanak4:
    I def don't plan to see her ever again. I plan to call once the office opens. Idk why I decided to mess with a good thing. I didn't have a period for 15 months after my first was born. I likely would have had a similar experience this time. Or it could always be my triplets drop kicking it out of my uterus. Y'all comin to my shower???

I'd only attend that shower if you had it at a posh Texas country club, with books instead of cards, and a diaper raffle. Wink

• Options
    imageCandaceLeigh:
    imagedanak4:
    I def don't plan to see her ever again. I plan to call once the office opens.

No advice but I hope it gets worked out! Let us know what the dr says.
    If its triplets I'll be at the shower. Make sure we play the string game where we guess how huge we are. And make sure the invite says to only buy things from the registry!

Idk why I decided to mess with a good thing. I didn't have a period for 15 months after my first was born. I likely would have had a similar experience this time.

Or it could always be my triplets drop kicking it out of my uterus. Y'all comin to my shower???
  • Options

I have no advice but I'm sorry you have to deal with this! I haven't had any issues with my Paraguard but am experiencing the weird bleeding. I have no idea if I have even gotten a PP AF yet. I had some weird 3 day spotting and like you I normally have heavy/long periods lasting 8-10 days.

If I were you, I would definitely go and get that thing taken out. And as for the Triplet Baby Shower, I would only come if you were taking bets on what the gender of the babies will be(yes, gender lol not sex) :) 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had Mirena put in 2 weeks ago. I was super crampy and bleedy the first 48 hours but that was all. Then I checked and didn't feel the strings. Now I'm on day 8 or 9 of a full blown period. 

No sex is happening until I go back for my check and make sure it's still there appointment. 

• Options
    So to update the POS nurse has one line: I can't give you any kind of diagnosis over the phone. You'll need to make an appointment to be seen or head to LD.

Hunh? I don't need a diagnosis. I can't afford an appointment and I don't need a csection for my IUD. Crazy lady would not listen. I started speaking real slow and special like. Then she understood what I was asking. I never felt my IUD strings and I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling for. She suggested if I couldn't figure it out, to have dh try. So I guess later, ima ask him to go fishin. Ahhh. Romance. I suppose any proper lady would make him take me to dinner first.

I can't afford the 300 to have a "just in case" sono, but let's continue to plan this shower for my triplets! PS my registry includes 3 pairs of Chanel earrings incase they're all girls!

• Options
    imageCandaceLeigh:
    So to update the POS nurse has one line: I can't give you any kind of diagnosis over the phone. You'll need to make an appointment to be seen or head to LD.

Hunh? I don't need a diagnosis. I can't afford an appointment and I don't need a csection for my IUD. Crazy lady would not listen. I started speaking real slow and special like. Then she understood what I was asking. I never felt my IUD strings and I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling for. She suggested if I couldn't figure it out, to have dh try. So I guess later, ima ask him to go fishin. Ahhh. Romance. I suppose any proper lady would make him take me to dinner first.

I can't afford the 300 to have a "just in case" sono, but let's continue to plan this shower for my triplets! PS my registry includes 3 pairs of Chanel earrings incase they're all girls!

I still have my doppler, maybe we could listen for it?
    Free of charge. Seriously. What are friends for?

• Options

imagerachael_c26:
    imageCandaceLeigh:
    So to update the POS nurse has one line: I can't give you any kind of diagnosis over the phone. You'll need to make an appointment to be seen or head to LD. Hunh? I don't need a diagnosis. I can't afford an appointment and I don't need a csection for my IUD. Crazy lady would not listen. I started speaking real slow and special like. Then she understood what I was asking. I never felt my IUD strings and I'm not sure exactly what I'm feeling for. She suggested if I couldn't figure it out, to have dh try. So I guess later, ima ask him to go fishin. Ahhh. Romance. I suppose any proper lady would make him take me to dinner first. I can't afford the 300 to have a "just in case" sono, but let's continue to plan this shower for my triplets! PS my registry includes 3 pairs of Chanel earrings incase they're all girls!
    I still have my doppler, maybe we could listen for it? Free of charge. Seriously. What are friends for?

Do you have a metal detector? That could work. 

• Options
    imageCandaceLeigh:

imagerachael_c26:
    imageCandaceLeigh:

There's one in my dad's garage!
    It's about 20yrs old. If it doesn't pick anything up does that mean your body ate the IUD or that the metal detector is broke?

LMK.

• Options
    imagerachael_c26:
    imageCandaceLeigh:

imagerachael_c26:

There's one in my dad's garage!
    It's about 20yrs old. If it doesn't pick anything up does that mean your body ate the IUD or that the metal detector is broke?

LMK.

It means I do actually have ninja triplets in my ute and they prob got hungry and ate it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"