August 2011 Moms
Options

Those who have 2 plus kids

For those of you who have more than one baby, how weird did it feel to say "our kids"? I know after Sophia was born, for months I would get giddy every time I was able to use kids or children. It's almost the same feeling when right after you get married and start using Mr. And Mrs. Last name. Maybe I'm silly but it was fun adjusting to having "kids".

Re: Those who have 2 plus kids

• Options
    It was a little odd to say, "the girls," lol.  But it's going to be even stranger to me to have to adjust and start saying "the kids," because now they won't all be girls!

// I love you too. //

• Options

imageNativeFloridian:
    It was a little odd to say, "the girls," lol.  But it's going to be even stranger to me to have to adjust and start saying "the kids," because now they won't all be girls!

LOL - Definitely this.

Also, I've been married over 4 years and it still feels weird (in a fun way) to refer to DH as my husband. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Saying "my boys" makes my heart feel all squishy inside!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Options
    I just love it. I'm still in Aw every time I say my kids. Love it!
  • Options
    We giggled about it for a good 3-4 months, but then got used to it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I never had that adjustment, I had two right off the bat.
  • Options
    imageNativeFloridian:
    This will be true for me too if this baby is a girl. We say "the boys" a lot.
  • Options

To kind of spin off the main topic...

Whenever I'm out with just one of the girls and someone starts talking to me about my kids, I just HAVE to let them know I have another one. It's weird, but I just cannot stand the thought of people knowing about one of my kids but not the other. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageMonsieur_et_Madame_Ha:

To kind of spin off the main topic...

Whenever I'm out with just one of the girls and someone starts talking to me about my kids, I just HAVE to let them know I have another one. It's weird, but I just cannot stand the thought of people knowing about one of my kids but not the other. 

I'm the same way.  But it kind of also has to do with that thing I was talking about in the second epic thread, when people are so shocked by my age because of how young I look.  Almost every time I go out someone asks, "Aww, your first?"  And I say, "Nope, my third."

Cue the:

"How OLD are you?"

Yeah it's annoying sometimes, but sometimes it gives me the giggles.

// I love you too. //

• Options
    Got to say "my kids" yesterday, I'm still giddy about it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageamywalt1684:
    Got to say "my kids" yesterday, I'm still giddy about it!

Aw this made me smile 

• Options

I've started (very tentatively) referring to "the girls" when we talk about future events and upcoming summer activities.  Like, "Well, when we take the girls to the cabin this summer..."

It's so weird and awesome and totally makes me giddy!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

By the time we're done we're going to have to refer to the kids as a roster.  As in a basketball roster. ;P

I love saying the boys.  My boys; all 3 of them including DH. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've all ready started saying "the boys" and DS2 isn't coming for a few months yet. It's totally fun!

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"