Preemies

STM balancing NICU and other kids

If you have a child in NICU and others at home, how do you balance it all? My son was born last week at 354 and is currently in NICU. I'm recovering from a csection, trying to be at NICU as much as possible, and trying not to neglect my other two kids. Grandparents have been great to help out but this is their busiest time of year at work so there is only so much they can do. I'm beyond exhausted trying to keep up.
Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

Re: STM balancing NICU and other kids

• When I had DD2, DD1 was 2.5 years old. Our Nicu allowed for her to visit (back in March) if she was sick free. During the week I sent my oldest to daycare while DD2 was in the NICU. My aunt would take her to daycare and then drive me to the hospital to see DD2. We would grab lunch and then I spend another 2 hours with DD2 until about 3 and then head home to pick up DD1. Normally we would all have dinner together and then my hubby would return to the NICU to see DD2 while I stayed home with DD1. On the weekends my parents or inlaws would take DD1 with them for the weekend. I'm very thankful that our stay was only 2 weeks. By the time we were 10 days in, I was exhausted and just emotional spent.

Hang in there Mama! 

• Thanks for the help girls. I was beyond exhausted last night when I posted this. I'm feeling a little bit better today after getting some decent sleep last night and DS3 having a much better day.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"