October 2012 Moms

I can't pump all day Friday. What should I do?

I am a teacher. I normally pump in my classroom before and after school and during lunch. On Friday I have a workshop from 8 -3. There really isn't anywhere for me to plug in privately or store the milk. I get an hour break for lunch but I would just barely make it home before I had to turn right around and drive back. So I guess I will have to suffer through a leaky engorged day. Will one day of that kill my supply? Any advice? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I can't pump all day Friday. What should I do?

• Can you pump in your car? Or you could use a manual pump in the bathroom and put it in a cooler bag.
  • Pump in your car or an empty office.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I had in service last week. Pumped in bathroom. I had an outlet but brought my battery pack just in case. It sucks but it worked. I've pumped in a bathroom stall before and I'm sure people could hear pump but that's life...

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• I wouldn't risk getting a clogged duct. I would definitely find a way to pump in my car or the bathroom if need be.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

imageimage 

BFP 1/24/2012 - DS Born 9/22/2012 (11 days early!)
    BFP 2/15/2014 - CP 2/19/2014
    BFP 11/4/2014 - Due 7/14/2015
  • Yeah, you would be in incredible pain if you don't pump all day not to mention set yourself up for infection or decreased supply later on.  Pump at lunch and breaks in the bathroom.  Tell your instructor beforehand so they know just in case you run a few minutes behind.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • Okay I feel super stupid. I totally forgot about the battery pack! I've had this pump since my first child and I completely forgot the pump even came with one! Okay well problem solved. I will find a place to use that and freeze ahead the little ice pack for the bottle bag. Thanks a bunch ladies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"