Infertility
Options

Brief Intro with Question

Hi Ladies, 

After going off BC, I only AF once in 11 months. So a visit to the RE and I was diagnosed with PCOS.  Subsequently failed Metformin and Clomid.  Injectable FSH resulted in triplets, but I lost them to incompetent cervix at 20w3d. 

So....  I have plans to head back to RE at 8 weeks out. What are your thoughts on the whole PCOS diet or "curing PCOS through diet and excercise" frame of mind. I am much more cautious about diving into the injectable meds again because I would like to avoid multiples. 

Thanks in advance! 

TTC since May 2011
Provera x3 late 2011, no natural response. (Previous BCP for 12 years).
 Dx PCOS April 2012. 
Clomid x 4 - no response.
First FSH/Ovidrel cycle early Aug 2012 - 18 days of injections, slow growth, erratic estrogen levels, triggered Aug 21st. 
BFP Sept 4th and Sept 7th! 
 7wk US Sept 28th - triplets! 
Perfect triplets lost at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix. Allison Grace, James Alexander and Colin Gregory forever in our hearts!  
IVF #1 10/11/13 -  canceled before retrieval.  
IVF# 2 11/28/13 - retrieval on Turkey Day! Hyperstim - no transfer
FET #1 2/4/14 - miscarriage @ 9 weeks (Trisomy 6) 
FET #2 6/8/14 - healthy normal baby! Due date 2/25/15
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Brief Intro with Question

• Options
    Welcome! I don't have any advice but I wanted to say I am sorry for your loss and I hope you can get the answers you are looking for!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am so so sorry for your losses! I can't imagine what that must have been like.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have PCOS also, doing metformin and clomid as we speak. I have done some research on the PCOS diet and nutition councling. I was told if I lose 10% of my weight that it would make it easier to get pregnant. It would help for my ovaries to produce and egg. I found a good book. Let me know if your interested.

Me:29 DH:36 TTC: since 2011 PCOS since age 15,(I dont ovulate on my own). HSG:1-13 normal , 2-13 Clomid test didnt work, 2-12-13 RE talk appointment 2-13 all bloodwork is normal. Non responsive to Clomid. 2-16 Provea to start cycle.
  • Options
    I don't have any advice on PCOS but wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your losses. I hope you find some answers for your question. This board is a great source of information and support.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I asked my RE about this. I was always very thin but over last several years, i really packed on teh pounds. I just figured my metabolism slowed down. However, RE said PCOS was most likely the factor (I did not always have PCOS).  Dr said the studies are still being done to prove if Gluten free and other claims hold any water. He said he has seen it work for some ladies, and not seen any changes in others. So, he does not recommend women to do it necessarily, but if you are willing to try it, go for it. It can't hurt basically.

I have tried to be more conscious of my Gluten intake, and i do notice i do not feel so tired and dragging when i eat less.  However, i do not eat compeltely Gluten free like i would like to. That lifestyle change is just too much for me to try to impletment right now with all this fertility stuff going on. I respond well to meds and although i have PCOS, dr is not sure why we have not been sucessful so in a way we are unexplained IF. I personally do not feel this would be a deciding facot in getting my BFP. But i hope/plan to be Gluten free after im done being KU.

~Jen
    4/12: HSG All Clear
    5-1-12: DX of PCOS
    5-4-12: DH S/A all normal.
    5-16-12: Offically start IUI#1-->Clomid(50mg) + Trigger + IUI + progesterone supplements=BFN
    IUI #2-same treatment-->BFN
    July IUI#3-same treatment--->BFN
    Aug 22, 2012-Laparoscopy Found/Removed extensive endometreosis.
    September 2012-IUI #4-Same treatment as before. BFN
    October 2012-forced break/Surgery to remove abnormal cells in left breast.
    November 2012-First Injects Cycle (IUI #5)! 225IU Follistim CD 3-5, then monitoring appointment. 20+ follier & e2 >2000-Mild OHSS
    December 2012-#2 Injects + IUI#6): Beta 1/18/13-BFN!
    Jan 2013-Starting IVF!!! BC starts Jan 17/Lupron on Feb 13/Stims on Feb 18/ER on March 1 IVF Protocol: Lupron 10 units in am until stimms. Then 5 units of Lurpon in am, 150iu of Follistim and 1 unit of Menopur in pm. Holding dosage throughtout since response has been great. Thought we would be freeze all due to OHSS, but ended up getting more follicles then expected! 14 total!!! 12 mature and 11 fertilized. Dr calls for a 5 day transfer!! :) Will freeze remaining.
    With Love & Strength, Hope Grows!
    WHEN, not IF!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"