March 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else beyond restless??

Anyone else having a hard time staying still? And I mean for more than 30 seconds? I thought it was just at night time, but today I cant NOT move. I was up until 2am last night with the same problem. Its like restless leg syndrome Xs 1000. Its so horrible. Im miserable with it. Nothing relieves it.
Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else beyond restless??

• Options

I get that sometimes even when not pregnant but yeah it's way worse when you're pregnant.  For me it's a feeling like I have to keep moving and flexing my muscles because they feel electric and tight.  It drives me insane and has brought me to tears before.  For the most part it happens to my thighs and calves but occasionally my arms and fingers.  I have to rotate my wrists and ankles constantly.  I wish I had a cure for it but the only thing I can find that helps a bit is to stretch your back and maybe have your SO rub your low back for you.  I think it's the baby on the sciatic that causes it.  I have a back injury which is probably why I get it all the time baby or not.

ETA Dangit I did it again.  I posted as my DH's log in.   OnlyMeggan here :)

• Options

Its been my whole body for about 24 hours now. At first it was only at bedtime and only lasted until I fell asleep. But ever since yesterday evening I literally have to roll my shoulders/wrist/ankles. I even have to stretch my arms over my head. It does feel like electricity is running thru my whole body. I finally fell asleep last night because I was so exhausted. I dont know how I can physically or mentally deal with another 5 weeks of this!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes and it drives me nuts! I feel like crying some nights. I can't sleep when I feel like this and it's the worst when I'm in bed. I find the only thing that helps at all is getting up and walking around and mostly distracting yourself so you don't think about it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    Yeah, definitely need to get a back rub, shoulder rub, go get a prenatal massage if you can.   You can ask your dr. about suggestions for relaxing the zinging nerves in your body.  Try getting your baby to reposition and see if that helps any.  I'm sorry because I really do feel your pain.  My DH has been on daily backrub duty since he met me because of my back injury and pregnancy definitely amplifies it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My doctor recommended calcium (TUMS works)... It has worked so far for me. I have TUMS on my night stand bc it affects me the worst at night.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options

imagedoozer1345:
    My doctor recommended calcium (TUMS works)... It has worked so far for me. I have TUMS on my night stand bc it affects me the worst at night.

Whoa...TUMS for restlessness?! Seriously?! I assume you never saw my weird craving post a few days ago...I love me some berry TUMS!

*searches purse for huge bottle of TUMS*

Got 'em! Lets try this...how many is too many?!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"