Stay at Home Moms
Options

Need some help with london broil

So I very rarely make steak.  DH likes it and asks for it like once a week but we just don't eat a lot of it.  I picked up a london broil at the store and I'm not sure what I'm doing with it.  I googled how to cook it so at least now I have an idea.  Problem is, the directions said to broil it on a broiling pan.  I don't have one of those.  But I do have one of these:

I use it on top of a cookie sheet when I'm baking chicken that's breaded so it doesn't get soggy on the bottom.  Would this work with the steak?  I also have what looks like a broiling pan that goes with my toaster oven.  Can I put that in the regular oven?  My toaster oven goes up to 450 and has a broil setting but I'm afraid it the tiny pan will melt on the broil setting in my oven.  What do you ladies know about cooking a london broil?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Need some help with london broil

• Options
    I know this isn't what you asked but I usually grill mine. Do you have a grill you can use outside or a grill pan? Sorry i forget where you are. Otherwise if it will fit on it, go ahead and use the one for your toaster. It will be fine
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    imagechelseymat:
    I know this isn't what you asked but I usually grill mine. Do you have a grill you can use outside or a grill pan? Sorry i forget where you are. Otherwise if it will fit on it, go ahead and use the one for your toaster. It will be fine

Our grill in the shed, won't be able to use that. I don't have a grill pan, just regular frying pans. I guess I should have thought this through a little better...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrs.Greg:
    imagechelseymat:
    Our grill in the shed, won't be able to use that. I don't have a grill pan, just regular frying pans. I guess I should have thought this through a little better...
    the thing you use for chicken will work fine too. D t stress it will be good. Just make sure you let it rest before slicing.
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • Options
    That will work fine. Make sure you marinate the crap out of it and don't over cook!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"