1st Trimester
Options

Beta Worries

I just got my results from last weeks betas when I was 6 weeks and my number was really high. I am concerned because I have had 2 blighted ovum's and one ectopic.

I had my blood work done through my surgeon because I had weight loss surgery 8 months ago so they were not really able to give me information about my pregnancy.

I have an appointment with a OBGYN on Friday morning but until then I am googling and driving myself mad!

my beta was 43868 please tell me someone here thinks that could be "normal" for 6 weeks because all my googling makes that number seem very high and I am very concerned.

Re: Beta Worries

• Options

This seems perfectly normal to me:

5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also looked at that chart but I have 4 kids and my HCG is 4 times of those with my previous pregnancy's. Sorry I forgot to mention that I am scatter brained today!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagecaffeinatedkat:
    I also looked at that chart but I have 4 kids and my HCG is 4 times of those with my previous pregnancy's. Sorry I forgot to mention that I am scatter brained today!

Every pregnancy is different. I really wouldn't worry because you are in the realm of normal.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My 1st pregnancy my levels were 43,500 at 5w5d. Sounds normal to me!  GL and I hope your appointment goes great! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My precious angel Ryan Caleb passed away to his heavenly home a few short hours after birth due to hydrops 7.5.2012 @ 30 weeks.
  • Options

Seems within the normal ranges. 

At 6w1d my HCG levels were 56000!

My OB did do an emergency scan after that result, but I had also had bright red bleeding.

TTC Since March 2010 - 2 angel babies - BFP December 12 EDD 12 Aug 13 Lilypie Maternity tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

was so tired this weekend I forgot to update

So I went in and I waited over an hour to be seen. The lady comes in does the longest history ever, gives me an exam and tells me my uterus is "too high" she suspects I am further along or multiples.

I told her my uterus sits high, it always has but she went and got a portable ultrasound and we immediately saw ONE baby with a very obvious flicker of a heart. These machines are not great quality but I am sure there was only ONE in there lol

She said the veins to my uterus has REALLY good flow, not sure what she saw the screen was not very big but she still want's to rule out multiples so I have 2 ultrasounds. One on the 6th at 10am and then one on the 20th at 2:55pm. One is to check for multiples, one is to date the pregnancy.

No pictures since it was not a real machine but I saw the flicker so i am happy <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"