October 2011 Moms

Really Important Rabies Question

I just got an email from LBB's school - some rotten kid bit my son!

Obviously we're seeking the maximum penalty - I've requested the child have his teeth pulled and hopefully by the time his adult teeth come in he will learn to be more responsible with them.

My question is whether I need to worry about whether said rotten kid is up to date on his rabies vaccination if his bite didn't break the skin.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Really Important Rabies Question

• imagecrystalbaby:
    If he starts drinking a lot of water, he's definitely got the rabies. Or maybe it's if he's scared of water. Either way, watch out for weird water behavior.

Hydrophobia. Also watch out for drooling, restlessness, and excitability as these are all symptoms too. 

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesmit5009:

Hydrophobia. Also watch out for drooling, restlessness, and excitability as these are all symptoms too. 

Is hydrophobia a necessary symptom?  Because based on the other symptoms, I might want the other kid to get tested for rabies since it would appear LBB has had it for quite some time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Whaat? People don't get rabies shots unless they have been bit by an "animal."

Anyways if it broke the skin you should soak it in warm soapy water puncture wounds are deep and need to be washed thoroughly.

MH has had to get rabies shot, it was no fun at all.

ETA: your joking, ha ha

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Oh no you guise.  I just thought of something worse than rabies.

What if the bitey kid was a vampire, werewolf, or zombie?

Does anyone know what we should be looking out for?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageblu-eyedwife:
    imagesmit5009:

Is hydrophobia a necessary symptom?  Because based on the other symptoms, I might want the other kid to get tested for rabies since it would appear LBB has had it for quite some time.

Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing about my DS!

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageblu-eyedwife:

Oh no you guise.  I just thought of something worse than rabies.

offer him some roasted garlic with a side of brains on a full moon, and see how it goes.

• imageblu-eyedwife:

Oh no you guise.  I just thought of something worse than rabies.

I was going to say... I'd be more concerned if you started to notice a black stare and a desire to eat raw meat. 
  • imagepennysuedog:
    Is he sparkling?

this one made me LOL so loud that the dog started barking. Haha 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • imageblu-eyedwife:
    imagesmit5009:

Damn, I think DD has the rabies. She has hated water since she was born. We make sure our 2 dogs get their rabies shots but I guess we forgot to take DD to the clinic. MOTY right here Wink

Sidenote: The thing about the dog being bit by the kid scares me. Even though DD doesn't try to bite our dogs, she still does not understand when we tell her to be gentle with them. Some days, I fear for my chi's well-being.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"