November 2012 Moms
Options

Going back to work tomorrow

Anyone else? DS is almost 11 weeks old. I'm going back now so I will be there for all of feb since part of my pay is commission. Plus a partial week will help ease us in. That's my theory

Anyone else going back soon??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Going back to work tomorrow

• Options
    I start back on Monday. I work from home, but LO doesn't nap well during the day.... so it should be interesting. My plan is to work AND entertain the baby, but if we can't figure out a good schedule, I might have to think about hiring someone to come to my home and help take care of LO a couple days per week.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been back since she was 3 weeks old. It's hard and I miss her tons during the day. And I'm exhausted by the time I get her from daycare, but then she smiles and I know she knows who I am and it makes everything brighter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekbl13:
    I start back on Monday. I work from home, but LO doesn't nap well during the day.... so it should be interesting. My plan is to work AND entertain the baby, but if we can't figure out a good schedule, I might have to think about hiring someone to come to my home and help take care of LO a couple days per week.

This is me! Let's share tips, k?
    11/27/12
    First Child born

5/5/14 and 6/5/14
    Twins born into Heaven 
    BFP - 4/6/14, due date 12/8/14. First twin M/C at home - 5/5/14, Second twin D&C - 6/5/14

11/14
    Chemical Pregnancy

9/5/15
    Second after severe bleeding for 18 weeks due to subchorionic hematoma

Currently
    Expecting Number 3 due 10/31/2020
  • Options
    I just went back this past Monday. DH saved his 2 week paternity leave for now so Im not a complete mess just yet. I did get teary eyed leaving the house Monday but I checked in with DH throughout the day and he sent me pictures. I'm a teacher so I'm constantly dealing with students, which distracts me from missing LO. I know I will be a wreck once family members take over though. A couple of coworkers told me its still hard to leave LO every morning.. their babies are about 6 and 8 months old.  I thought it would get easier down the road :/
    Untitled Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, I attempted yesterday and resigned by the end of the day.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageJenniferLuvsCandy:
    Yeah, I attempted yesterday and resigned by the end of the day.

I go back in a couple of weeks and am scared that I will do exactly this!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was supposed to go back next Monday, but my sub is going to be gone Friday (and I had already planned to come in for a while to work in my classroom) so I am going back in two days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Monday was my first day back and my DD is 10 weeks. I actually didn't mind being at work. It was a nice break and makes me even happier to be with her when I'm home.
  • Options

Good luck! I hope it isn't too hard for you.

I go back a week from today. I figured easing back in with a 3 day week might be easier? Plus my district will hopefully give me a 3 day transition with the substitute.

The first week will be tough, but once I get into a routine I hope it will be easier. It is a little reassuring that LO will be with my mom and my MIL.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"