Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Anyone's LO w/milk sensitivity?

I'm pretty sure that my little guy (6 wks friday) has a milk sensitivity. I've cut out milk (regular cows milk) out of my diet and he seems much happier! Just curious if anyone else has a LO who's having an issue w/lactose or milk, and how you determined it. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone's LO w/milk sensitivity?

• Options

DD1 had a sensitivity until about 17 months. I tried reducing milk while nursing, but didn't notice a big change because I didn't wait long enough. It can take u p to 3 weeks for dairy to be fully out of your system. There was mild reflux going on as well. I finally figured out dairy was the puking culprit when we ran out of yogurt around 9/10 months old. I stopped having it for a few days and things were magically different. From then on I watched my intake until she self weaned at a year and we tried her occasionally with dairy until she was ok with it. From weaning until she was ok with it she was on Soy formula.

When I had DD2 10 weeks ago I was on the watch for it.  She puked a lot as well, chokes on it, and cries a lot more than DD1. So i cut out most dairy and I've seen an improvement. I also notice when I cheat, she is super cranky the next day. My dr thinks there is reflux with her as well, but more severe this time and we are being referred to a pedi for a consult to see if she needs meds. Her crying was pretty bad and she would feed for  hours at a time, so I started thinking colic as well. I started using Colief and there is a huge improvement! It's basically Lactaze in a bottle, so if there is a lactose issue this will help. I got it at the pharmacy beside the gripe water. She is crying a lot less and eats like a normal baby. 

I hope something in there helps.  

• Options
    I found out when I gave LO formula in his cereal.  He broke out in hives.  Dr thinks he'll grow out of it when he's older.  I cut back on dairy dramatically.  Soy milk makes it easy.  I'm working on cutting it out completely but he seems to be a lot better.  He was having unexplained foul smelling diapers (unusual for a EBF baby) before and those went away. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thank you both!
  • Options
    DD seems to be intolerant of dairy and soy. It sucks, as soy is in everything. We noticed a little rash on her face and it cleared up within a few days of cutting both out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"