High-Risk Pregnancy

Silas Nathaniel is here!

I don't post on here a lot but I lurk daily. I had marginal placenta previa this pregnancy. No bleeds but due to this and my last child coming at 355 for no known reason means I was monitored much more closely this time. I was scheduled for csection at 37 weeks but Silas decided to enter the world at 354. He was born last Friday, via csection a a whooping 7 lb 2.5 oz and 20". Although my last 35 weeker came straight home, Silas was not so lucky and is in the NICU. Right now he is mostly a feeder/grower but has some jaundice and is almost over some lung issues. We still have no clue why either of my kids have decided 35 weeks is the time to come. Cervix was closed with both until right before delivery.

This was my first section and I have to say it wasn't as bad as I expected. The tough part has been that NICU is tucked back in a corner of the hospital and getting there absolutely wears me out. It was fine while I was a patient as I could be wheeled down but now I have to walk unless you can find a rare wheelchair hanging out by one of the entrances. They seem to be a hot commodity around here.
Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

Re: Silas Nathaniel is here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"