Multiples

NMR - About to go CRAZY!!!!

Mostly a lurker, but just gotta vent...and I know you MoMs can relate to part of this... 

We are selling our home, we have a buyer - it's under contract.  We have our home appraisal tomorrow afternoon - and I am seriously about to lose it!  Last week, my DH and oldest DS had the stomach bug, I had a touch of it - YUCK.  Just when we think we are done with sickness, oldest DS came home from school Monday with 102 fever - still running fever as of this morning.  Doctor said throat infection. Ugh!  And on top of all this sickness, I have to get my house in order for a home appraisal...we have been putting oodles in storage just to get it out of the house, but as all of you know with multiples, keeping a clean house for any length of time is about damn near impossible - my mother-in-law watches them at the house, which makes it even worse.  I have my cleaning lady coming tomorrow morning before the appraisal to get last minute cleaning done - twins are going to MILs house for the day.  Sorry to vent, but I told DH after the appraisal tomorrow, I am going to have a STIFF drink!!!  BTW, we are not using a realtor - we settled on the price by looking at homes on the market in our area and basing it off of those comparable prices.  That's why I am a nervous wreck that the appraisal will match the asking price. 

I will NEVER be.so.glad. to be done with all of this - I dread packing and moving with the twins....and we are only moving about 4 miles down the road.  I PRAY this is the LAST time we EVER move!!!

Okay, done venting...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NMR - About to go CRAZY!!!!

• Honey, you do not have to clean for an appraisal.  You don't want it trashed, but if the kitchen has dishes on the counter, but he can still see what they are made of and theri overall condition, that's all you need to do.  I didn't clean for our appraisal at all.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• That's what everyone keeps telling me, but I feel like since the grass is dead and the curb appeal is lacking this time of year, and it only has one bathroom, that I need to make sure he has a good impression that we take care of the home.  I don't want it a disaster...I guess it could be a little of my OCD tendencies kicking in - I know I always overstress things.  DH and I joke that if we make it through this selling/buying/moving - that our marriage will make it through anything.  I know I have been driving him NUTS!

• Loading the player...
  • If it makes you feel better :)  But you'll be fine.  It's not like you yanked a price out of the air.  And since you have a contract then clearly the price is within reason.  You'll be fine :)  But remember, everyone's yard is dead and has crappy curb apeal due to the time of year.

Moving is extremely stressful, so i get it.  I bought my house before kids and I was still a train wreck, so i get it.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Yikes this was why I told DH that we are absolutely NOT even considering moving until the twins are at least a year or two old....not that it gets any easier, as seen by your post, but I can't imagine going through all that with newborns at the same time. Good luck w/ the appraisal and hang in there!!
  • imageMrsLee04:
    Vent away!  I hear you, selling with twins is a B.  We have tried to sell our house since 2011, and we're gearing up to list it for a 3rd time (we try every Spring).  It was nice having it off for the holidays so I didn't have to worry about the mess, but here we go again!  I just hope we have good luck like you and get a buyer this year, I'm so ready to move!  Good luck!

Thank you!  We were very fortunate in selling our home.  A friend of mine who just went through a divorce is buying it for her and her children.  It is a block from the elementary school and she is a teacher there, so it will work out great for her.  So, we were VERY fortunate to not have to actually put it on the market and keep it clean to show - THAT would have been a B*****! 

The appraisal is at 1:30 today - I've washed my hands of it - what's done is done and how it goes is just how it is going to go!  Good luck selling your home - it is a tough market right now I think...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"