Pregnant after 35
Options

Update to spotting...

Continued this morning.  It was very light, but still there, so the Dr said to come in.  He did an exam and drew blood to check my beta levels.  I have to go for another blood draw Friday morning and then we will see.  Of course after he did his exam I am bleeding more, but I don't know if it is because of that or if the bleeding is just getting worse because I am miscarrying.  It is too early for an ultrasound so there is nothing else that can be done now but wait. 

In my first act of craziness during this PG, when I came home I took my last dollar store PG test and got two solid lines.  I don't know if that means anything at all, but it made me feel somewhat better for now.

Re: Update to spotting...

• Options
    If you are only spotting, I would be gobsmacked if you turn out to be miscarrying. When I miscarried, I literally went from mild-moderate cramping at 12pm to spotting by 12:20pm to full on heavy flow (saturating a maxi pad) with moderate-severe cramping by 12:45pm.

I only spotted during the first trimester after having sex because my poor cervix was sensitive and my vaginal canal was dry since my body had decided to "close up shop" to keep the LO in. I imagine I would have spotted a little if I had had a pelvic exam for the same reasons.

Hang in there! Let us know how the Betas go. (And my pee stick lines when I miscarried were all pretty light, even a week after my first BFP.)
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    Thank you!  I am sorry about your loss.  I will keep everyone posted.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know it's early for an ultrasound, but we saw a clear heartbeat of 111 or so at 6w1d - though I'm not sure it'd make you feel better or worse because there may not be one that early and still it's a healthy pregnancy. Just a thought - seems it wouldn't hurt to check...hoping it is all ok for you!!
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• Options
    I hope it all turns out well.  I think your solid pg test is a good sign.  I spotted a couple times this pregnancy and really thought it was over.  Its hard not to worry, hang in there. 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options
    I hope your betas come back sky-high and give you some reassurance that your LO is going to be a nice sticky bean. I'm sure the exam contributed to the spotting, but as Daniele said, if it's just mild spotting I wouldn't think you were actually miscarrying. Good luck and FX! Please update when you get your numbers back.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    Now I am bleeding heavier and really cramping so I think is really a MC. My DH is out of town for work and this really sucks. My regular doctor is not on call tonight. I am waiting for his back up doctor to call me. It is early in the PG so there is no need for me to go to the hospital, right?

• Options
    Oh no :(  So sorry to hear the bleeding picked up.  I would just hang tight and ask the dr what they would like you to do.  *hugs*
    ~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

So sorry you're going through this, it's especially scary to be alone. Is there someone you can call to hang out with you for a few hours?

General rule of thumb, if you fill more than one pad in an hour, you should call your Dr or go to the ER. Same if you feel dizzy or faint, but don't feel silly going even if those things don't happen and you just feel off. Better safe than sorry. I really hope this is just ends up being something else, your in my thoughts.

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagedhreczuck:

So sorry you're going through this, it's especially scary to be alone. Is there someone you can call to hang out with you for a few hours?

General rule of thumb, if you fill more than one pad in an hour, you should call your Dr or go to the ER. Same if you feel dizzy or faint, but don't feel silly going even if those things don't happen and you just feel off. Better safe than sorry. I really hope this is just ends up being something else, your in my thoughts.

Thank you so much!  Unfortunately there is no one who I could have come over.  My DS is here with me so I am trying to act normal.  The backup Dr. did call me and that was the advice she gave as well.  She said it is early, so it should not be much more than a heavy AF.  She also said to stay home from work tomorrow. 

• Options
    image*sparky*:
    imagedhreczuck:

Thank you so much!  Unfortunately there is no one who I could have come over.  My DS is here with me so I am trying to act normal.  The backup Dr. did call me and that was the advice she gave as well.  She said it is early, so it should not be much more than a heavy AF.  She also said to stay home from work tomorrow. 

I am so sorry that it's progressing this way. I hope it turns out to be something else, still. Definitely stay home from work tomorrow, though. It's not something you want to be dealing with while out and about/around other people, if you can help it at all.

We're here for you, but I'm still thinking sticky thoughts for you!

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    Thank you so much!  I really appreciate the positive thoughts.

• Options

image*sparky*:
    Now I am bleeding heavier and really cramping so I think is really a MC. My DH is out of town for work and this really sucks. My regular doctor is not on call tonight. I am waiting for his back up doctor to call me. It is early in the PG so there is no need for me to go to the hospital, right?

Oh, %$#@. I am so very sorry. I wish there were someone who could come and be with you. We are with you in spirit.

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options

image*sparky*:

Oh no, I'm so sorry. My T&P are with you. 

Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"