Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Pomegranate juice vs. actual pomegranate

My dietician is giving me a hard time about drinking juice, and wants me to be eating whole fruits whenever possible. So, I was wondering if actual pomegranates have the same TTC benefits as the juice. Anyone have any ideas/experience?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Pomegranate juice vs. actual pomegranate

• Options
    I can't answer your question but my dietician also discouraged drinking the juice. He said that it's chemically altered and not in it's natural state so it has no nutritional value. I am not claiming this to be true, it is only what I was told.

******Siggy Warning**************

Me 29 - no known issues ( Highest FSH 10.1??) 
    DH- 36 - quite the perfect man!
    TTC since 1/2011
    IUI #1 March 2012 
    BETA #1  BFP
    B/O at 6 weeks D&C @ 10 weeks 
    IUI #2-7 (2012)= BFN
    IVF  Jan 14 - Follistim, Ganirelix
    22R, 8M, 8F
    ET  (1-14-14) - 1 Grade A 8 cell = BFN
    FET (2-18-14)  1 grade A 12 cell and one early morula!
    BETA #1 (3-3-14) =1,389  p4 17.4
    BETA #2  (3-5-14) = 4,553 u/s showed one small g sac
    U/S #2      (3-17-14) Shows two little beans with heartbeats!!! TWINS!! 
                                       Heartbeats were 119 & 120 beans measured (6 weeks 1 day) (6 weeks 2 days)
    found out at 20 weeks that baby B went to heaven
    11/12/14 Baby girl arrived :)
    FET (1-24-16) Grade A early morula 
    BETA #1 300 p4. 11.1 
    BETA#2 1300
    u/s d 1 tiny babe :)
    10/7/16 another sweet baby girl
    4/18 SURPRISE + HPT 
    Beta #1 6 weeks 16,202 p4. 13.2

• Options

I am guessing it just has to do with the concentration.

Think about how many pomegranates it would take to fill a glass. I'm guessing you don't want to have to eat that much.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You don't eat the whole pomegranate, the white rind is super bitter. The arils are what you want.

I don't know if the arils have the same benefits as juice, I'm going to guess no. 

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    What kind of juice are you drinking? Is it super sugary? 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Options
    imagepantherRN:
    You don't eat the whole pomegranate, the white rind is super bitter. The arils are what you want.I don't know if the arils have the same benefits as juice, I'm going to guess no.nbsp;

Lol, I know you only eat the arils, I guess I just thought that was understood.

The juice I'm drinking is 100 pomegrate juice with no added sugar, but it still has like 30g per serving. I'm drinking 8oz per day.
  • Options

It's generally much healthier to eat a fruit rather than drink its juice - more fiber, less sugar, calories, and other added ingredients... you feel fuller, and it satiates you longer. It's basically more bang for your buck. That being said, I did a little research on pomegranate seeds for thickening the uterine lining, and didn't find much. A lot of discussions on message boards, but not too much else. I would imagine that if there is a true TTC benefit, you would be better off eating the seeds over drinking the juice. HTH!

Cat-Pregnancy-Test-Meme

• Options
    imageSlapptastic:

Considering that there is no scientific proof behind the 'claims' that it helps, I'd say it doesn't matter...  If you catch my drift.

Good point!

Cat-Pregnancy-Test-Meme

• Options
    Fruit juice is deceptive: people think it's healthy and it really truly isn't. Most of the good stuff is in the actual fruit, and even fruit itself should be eaten in moderation. I'm not convinced that pomegranate is effective either, but if it is, the fruit itself is almost guaranteed to be more likely to be helpful than the juice. She may be doing you a favor! Nibble away  :)
    30 yrs, healthy & TTC since April 2010 
    DH 32yrs & healthy
    *unexplained infertility* 

Regularly access alternative medicine to supplement a lack of resources in our geographical area.
    • Three rounds of clomid (50mg days 3-7) were useless.
    • IUI#1 w/clomid & HCG in May 2013, BFN.
    • IUI#2 w/clomid & HCG on July 23rd. BFN.
    • IUI #3 in August cancelled last minute, due to lab error.
    • IVF#1 - Started Gonal F stims October 13 2013 for IUI. Over-responded with too many follicles, so converted to IVF. Retrieval October 29th - got 5 eggs, 4 fertilized. Had 2 perfect little embryos transferred on day 3 (Nov. 1). The remaining 2 didn't survive to freeze. Got our BFN on November 13th 2013.
    • IVF#2 - Started stims August 21st. Triggered with Suprefact, started on dostinex due to risk of OHSS. Retrieval September 5th - got 27 eggs! 21 embryos on day 3. Embryos deteriorated quickly. ESet 5day blast on Sept 10. No embryos high enough quality to freeze. BFN came Sept. 22.

Reserved a semi-known proven donor in August .

Waiting for consult/screening and protocols with estimated fresh cycle timing in October

• Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies. I am already past O for this cycle, but I think I will try actual pomegranate for the next cycle. Thanks for the opinions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"