Breastfeeding
Options

supply question

My LO is 11 weeks old and I currently send 4 bottles with 3oz each to daycare, she is there from 8am to 4pm. She also gets a 3oz bottle at 7am from dad after I go to work (I leave at 5:45am) So I need to pump about 15oz a day to keep up with her needs. Problem is, I am not pumping enough. I pump at work at 7, 11:45 and 2:15. I am a teacher so it would be hard to alter my pumping schedule. I currently pump about 13oz while at work, so I am 2oz short everyday. I do not have any freezer supply as I did not start pumping until the week before I went back to work. DC is also suggesting at least one of her bottles everyday be bigger because she seems to be hungry still after 3oz.

Sorry for the book, but basically I am trying to find out what I can do to make more milk for her. I could add an evening pump session, but as soon as I get home in the afternoon LO is attached to me until I go to bed. Ideas? I have been drinking lots of water, eating oatmeal, getting enough calories. My pump is the ameda purely yours and it seems to be working ok. I recently replaced the white cones with new ones. Thanks for any suggestions.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: supply question

• Options

Have you looked into lactation cookies or other herbal supplements?

What about pumping a few times each weekend (enough to get 10oz) and just freezing that?  Then she could have 2oz of frozen milk every day along with the fresh milk you pump at work. 

• Options
    imagekjsmith9:

Have you looked into lactation cookies or other herbal supplements?

What about pumping a few times each weekend (enough to get 10oz) and just freezing that?  Then she could have 2oz of frozen milk every day along with the fresh milk you pump at work. 

This.  Can you pump after LO goes to bed each night?

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going through the same thing you're going through... we've been sending LO to daycare with four 3-oz. bottles but the daycare told us yesterday that she's mad and still hungry when she finishes a bottle, so I'm trying to up them to 4-ounces in each bottle.  I've only been able to pump 10 ounces when I'm at work (4 pumping sessions) so I need to get 6 more ounces every day.  I've been drinking a huge amount of water, I've been taking Fenugreek (haven't really noticed a difference), and I've been eating oatmeal, but I think what it comes down to is that I have to suck it up and pump in the middle of the night.  LO has pretty consistently been sleeping for 6 hours when we first put her to bed, so last night I pumped 2 hours after she went to bed and again 2 hours after that, and I was able to make up the difference.  It sucks, but if I want to continue EBF, that's what I'm going to have to do for now.  I just hope that 4 ounces is enough for her and she doesn't suddenly want 5 ounce bottles! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"