February 2012 Moms
Options

Has anyone taken Plan B?

My best friend and her boyfriend had a condom break last night and she is freaking out.  I told her about plan B so she's going to CVS on her lunch to get it but she's worried about side effects.  I don't know anyone who has taken it so I thought I might ask on here.  She doesn't track her cycles so she's not sure exactly what cycle day she's on but she thinks it's been 2 weeks since she started her period.  I think she and I are within a few days of each other and I'm on cycle day 16 today.  Just looking for suggestions for her - I read on webmd about the side effects and she's a little nervous about crazy mixed up cycles down the road.  Thanks.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone taken Plan B?

• Options
    I have not, but a couple of my friends have. It's basically a very high dose of birth control, equivalent to taking a few (not sure how many, exactly) pills at one time. I think for both of them it made them feel very hormonal for a day or two, but I don't think either of them had any side effects beyond that.
  • Options
    That's what I told her - she has a pre-teen child already so she knows what the alternative is.  I think she's had sensitivities to bcp before so she was apprehensive.  By the time she gets it - it will be within 14 or so hours since the slip so she should be good to go.  Thanks for the reply.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I requested Plan B in college, I was given 3-4 BCPs to take. I didn't have any issues with my cycles, but I did feel sick to my stomach that night.
    < img width=300 src="http://tinyurl.com/as97yc8"1" /> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    She missed bcp before when she was on it and doubled up and was really nauseous so she's anticipating that but hopefully that's the only issue.
  • Options

I took the equivalent 12 or 13 years ago - before it was marketed as Plan B and you had to get a Rx for it.  Same thing though - just a high dose of BCP that you took within 72 hours of failed contraception. I just felt extra crampy. 

11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Options
    She just took it and said it was one small pill.  She's just worried about the nausea so she took a zofran tablet she had from when her daughter had the stomach virus last month.  
  • Options
    I get sick on BC so I expected to feel sick with plan b, but I never had any problems.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagesapphirebride06:
    She just took it and said it was one small pill.  She's just worried about the nausea so she took a zofran tablet she had from when her daughter had the stomach virus last month.  

This is exactly what I did when I took it.  I took a zofran with it at the same time to combat the nausea. 

Whenever I think about taking Plan B the one time I did, I always think it's so ironic that it turns out I have PCOS and needed fertility treatments for both of my kids to be conceived! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha, well she doesn't have pcos, but she said the irony for her is she realizes she does not want to be with her bf anymore.  So that's a good thing to realize - he is a dbag deluxe!  
  • Options
    Follow up - she said the zofran helped, she was starting to feel nauseous so she's glad she had it to take.  And she said she has a headache but nothing too severe.  Just popped some Advil.  Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"