Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Naps/Sleep easy question...

Hi ladies!

Okay, one more question!

So, naps got screwed up originally by my son getting another tooth. :( poor little dude. He had been going down with little to no fuss every day for his naps, it was great - but now I have to start over with them. 

My question is - has anyone had good luck with naps the sleep easy way? I really don't mind rocking him all that much, but that extra "me time" would be nice - and I'm wondering if the tooth is poking through, if it's still quite as painful? I thought I read once it's through the gum, it should be a lot better. He seems less fussy than he was, but I don't want to start anything if he's still hurting, you know? 

Sorry, I know, dumb question. FTM here! Haha..

Re: Naps/Sleep easy question...

• I don't think its dumb questions. I'm a FTM and I tried doing naps but I'm a working mom and did not want to spend my vacation with fighting her and when I am home with her any extra minute with her is great. If I was a SAHM I would probably want more time too.. It could be the tooth. Try some teething tablets or some good teething toy before you put them down? 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageforestdancer:

I don't think its dumb questions. I'm a FTM and I tried doing naps but I'm a working mom and did not want to spend my vacation with fighting her and when I am home with her any extra minute with her is great. If I was a SAHM I would probably want more time too.. It could be the tooth. Try some teething tablets or some good teething toy before you put them down? 

I feel like as a FTM I have so many questions, and I can't even begin to ask them all here!

Yeah, I am a SAHM.. and I don't really mind rocking/bouncing him to sleep for naps now that he's mostly STTN, but I figured I'd try. I think I'll try the teething tablets again. 

Thanks for the replies! 

• Loading the player...
  • I have done the SleepEasy routine for naps, and most of the time DS puts himself to sleep with very little fuss. I definitely have to watch the clock, though. There is a 2.5 to 3 hour window of awake time for him between naps, and then I need to get him down quickly or we're in a mess. One SleepEasy rule that we don't do is requiring an hour in the crib. If he wakes up after 30-45 minutes and progresses beyond just fussing, he will not go back to sleep no matter how long left in the crib. (We tried it with the check-ins and all, but it just didn't work for us.) On the good side, he started taking longer naps about 2 weeks ago. It's been hard this week b/c he has a really runny nose and just doesn't feel good. He doesn't have any teeth yet, so I can't help much with that side of the issue.

• imagehdine22:
    imageforestdancer:

I don't think its dumb questions. I'm a FTM and I tried doing naps but I'm a working mom and did not want to spend my vacation with fighting her and when I am home with her any extra minute with her is great. If I was a SAHM I would probably want more time too.. It could be the tooth. Try some teething tablets or some good teething toy before you put them down? 

I feel like as a FTM I have so many questions, and I can't even begin to ask them all here!

Yeah, I am a SAHM.. and I don't really mind rocking/bouncing him to sleep for naps now that he's mostly STTN, but I figured I'd try. I think I'll try the teething tablets again. 

Thanks for the replies! 

I feel that way sometimes too. I read around here her, try to ask my sister who recently had babies... But still feel a little lost. But my LO is happy and health so I must be doing something right! Good luck!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"