Toddlers: 24 Months+

FU to Do you rock your LO to sleep post...

Last night I did his normal routine...bath, pjs, snack, teeth brushed, books read and prayers. I then laid him down with the light still on and explained to him that it is ok to fall asleep by yourself and that you do not need to be rocked. I told him mommy was going to turrn off the light, but wasn't going to go anywhere. So I did just that. Turned his light off and went and sat by his bed, rubbed his belly for a couple minutes then said good night, I love you. He was very calm so I then got up and left the room and closed the door. Never heard a peep from him! Feel asleep and slept until 6:30 this morning. So far, so good. Thank you all for your responses yesterday!
PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

Re: FU to Do you rock your LO to sleep post...

• Thats wonderful!!! We sit with our daughter also and that has worked for a while. The last couple of nights she seems to be playing more then falling alseep. Last night DH was in there for over an hour trying to get her to sleep.

So happy this worked out for you and I hope that it continues to work!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • That is Awesome!! Looks like he is ready :)  It's so nice when things go so much better then expected!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJulySpark05:
    That is Awesome!! Looks like he is ready : nbsp;It's so nice when things go so much better then expected!

Exactly right! Ty ladies.
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"