Secondary IF
Options

You know 2IF controls your life when....

You can't decide if you should go on a FREE vacation or not!  LOL!  So, my dh has a little brother that is 13 years younger and a senior in HS and their mom is letting him go to the Bahamas for spring break.  Well, of course, she is freaking out and offered to send me and dh to keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble.  The trip would be in March, which will most likely fall sometime around when I should be able to start my FET cycle.  I told dh I'm just not sure if we should go.  I am crazy.  Lost my marbles! 
TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13

Re: You know 2IF controls your life when....

• Options

You're not crazy, your trying to be rational about this.  I hated IVF #1, because we had about 5 social events during the week of ER/ET, before we knew the dates, and couldn't commit to any of them.  What's worse is we finally outed ourselves because we sounded like idiots with no good reason why we had to keep saying we wouldn't know until the last minute if we could attend (lots of overlapping friends in attendance at most events).

I'm hopeful that you get some good news at your appt. this week, so you'll have a better idea of your FET timeline so you can move on with all aspects of your life, and that this trip falls into your schedule nicely.  Who couldn't use a little time away to relax and recharge!

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LOL..well it's nice to know I'm not crazy!  DH is ok with having to miss that month if it interferes with the FET just because he thinks we really need to get away and have some time to "ourselves", which I totally agree, but I just don't know.  Ugh...I am definitely looking forward to my appointment on Friday.  I keep hoping that maybe my RE will just let me go forward with the FET right away like he said in the beginning (rather than waiting a full cycle), but I'm sure that is highly unlikely considering it is the norm to wait a little bit after a m/c.  And of course, there's that possibility that my HCG hasn't gone back down to 0.  It seems like a few ladies on this board of had some issues with their betas going all the way back down. 

TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I watch a little boy tuesdays and thursdays and I felt crazy when I couldn't give his parents a concrete schedule till the last minute.  Of course, this is his last week with me (that has no appointments).  I swear we live our lives in 2 week segments. So, no you are not crazy for not wanting to go on your trip! It would be a hard choice for us too! 
    TTC#1: 14 months on our own (did HSG, b/w, SA);
    BFP on Cycle 14--TWINS! Identical twin boys stillborn at 19wks(1/9/10)
    3 break cycles; took clomid 50mg, BFP #2 Beta #1 35, Beta #2 338!!! Owen was born 2/11/11! 
    TTC#2: 4 cycles on clomid: BFNs
    BFP #3: Cycle #5 100mg clomid; beta #1 21; beta #2 6=CP 
    Cycle #6 break cycle TTC no meds=BFN
    Cycle #7: 150 clomid+ovidril+IUI=BFN (switched to RE)
    Cycle #8: follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #9 Forced break due to cyst
    Cycle #10 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle #11 follistem+ovidril+TI=BFN
    Cycle#12 Forced break due to cyst, went on BCP; did repeat HSG, Saline U/S
    Cycle #13 IVF: Follistim/Menapur ER 11-30 11 eggs, 5 mature, 4 fertilized and 3dt on 12-3; BFN
    Cycle #14: IVF#2 lupron/follistim/menopur ER 1-22, 19 eggs, 14 fertilized, 5dt on 1-27, BFP!! beta 1: 63, beta 2: 119; EDD 10-15-13; 1 frozen embie
    Miracle Surprise BFP, EDD 10-1-15; saw HB great Betas, 11weeks lost baby MC at home
    Moved forward with FET transfered solo frostie on 6-4-15, beta 1: 315, beta 2: 738, u/s showed one baby on track EDD 2-21-16
  • Options

I don't think you're crazy!  I already got upset when DH told me he is traveling for work in the middle of March b/c I was thinking "If this month doenst work, and NEXT month doesn't work, then we MIGHT be in the middle of a cycle."  That's a lot of ifs for me to even be worrying!!  i think it makes sense for your to feel the way you do.

• Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My parents moved to Phoenix fairly recently and keep wanting to book us flights to come visit them and I keep telling them we just can't right now. I hate not going, but I think I would hate missing an opportunity to try more. It's really hard all around.

A + Life

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"